What is Cyan up to?

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: What is Cyan up to?

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:22 am

Only 69 hours left and cyan needs just $19,050

EDIT: With 67 hours to go they have topped the $1,100,000
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby dendwaler » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Congrats Cyan!
i am so happy we made it!
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Cyan has posted a new Movie

With the following emphasized.
Show Spoiler
Wamduskasapa

Postby Sirius » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:29 pm

WHOOOO-HOOOO !!
:D :D :D

Don't forget to check Rand's second video !

Hehehe, I'm so happy, not only for the game, but also for Rand and all Cyan's team ! :)

EDIT: Ha, Wam posted the link before I did
Sirius

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:03 pm

They have announced their next stretch goal.
At $1,700,000 it will be one additional world PLUS a Road Trip mode!
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Sorry, folks, I don't know what to do first haha ... :lol:

And besides everything else I first posted on the MOUL forums and the Cyan forums, and of course I'd like to add my Congratulations to Cyan and all of us!!! here and express my excitement and happiness ... Yeah!!! We made it and are already moving on to higher places and goals, ha!!! ... :P

This is all so awesome, what a great time!!! Cyan's 'Made It' video is hilarious and wonderful ... The new stretch goals are great and I wonder what that 'Roadtrip Mode' might be, I mean, how that will function in reality ... through a special extra communication tool, or will this already been implemented into the game? ... sounds awesome, however ... And I love how you are all happy for Cyan too, not only having another epic adventure ahead of us to indulge in ... Have all a wonderful day and see you maybe on Friday for the Final Countdown Party in the DMR and Obductee's neighborhood on the MOULa shard ... I wonder when we'll have our Gehn Shard party btw, but maybe better talk about this after the Kickstarter hype and hilarity ... :)

Edit: I googled a bit but it isn't easy and by now not possible for me to find sth related to the kind of Roadtrip mode Cyan is intending to implement ... I find info to road-trip games for kids, boardless, pieceless Road Trip Games, then there is a Road Trip Adventure game, and stuff like this 'Road Trip mode is the main battle mode in PvZ adventures. It is the very mode which you should enjoy using your strategies to win all the levels or stages one by one' and so on ... :geek:
janaba

Postby belford » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:59 pm

"Road Trip Mode" is explained in the current update post: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cya ... sts/661265
belford

Postby janaba » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Yeah, thanks, belford, I've read that already, but I cannot imagine how they'd implement that technically, into the game directly or through an extra tool, though it seems this might be already an in-game option ... someone in the KS comments section even called it kind of a remote control function ... but however, it seems that's way ahead of that being a reality and by the time we'll know more, I suppose ... :P

This is part of the description
Many times it was a big advantage for two people to explore together in front of the computer, or share clues over the phone.
We thought it would be fun to support that idea! Roadtrip Mode allows two people to share the exploration via the internet. One player would be the “driver” - moving and interacting, while the other player would be a “passenger” - following where the “driver” goes, but able to freely look around on their own computer. They will be able to talk with each other, offering advice or pointing out highlights. And the players can switch the “driver” and “passenger” whenever they want.
janaba

Postby Ainia » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:29 pm

"Road Trip Mode"... I've been wondering how that might work with OR too...
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby belford » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 pm

I guess you'd just see an option to select a group of players (the way you do in any Internet-based multiplayer game). Then the game engines would link up, with one being the master and the rest following -- they'd just display everything the master displays. Add a chat pane and you're done.

Developing this is some work -- any multiplayer game code is hairy. But the design is straightforward, as long as the engine has a clear notion of game state which can be copied between instances.
belford

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion