What is Cyan up to?

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: What is Cyan up to?

Postby janaba » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:33 am

Acorn wrote:Hmm, do I really want/need another version of Myst? :roll:
Clever Cyan, I think everyone will have the same answer! :lol:

Lol, of course, in general definitely not, but a 3D Myst version where you could move about freely and with improved realtime animations and graphics and day/night cycles etc. I'd afford myself to experience and enjoy ... :P
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:34 am

janaba wrote:Lol, of course, in general definitely not, but a 3D Myst version where you could move about freely and with improved realtime animations and graphics and day/night cycles etc. I'd afford myself to experience and enjoy ... :P

Even though I have the Discs of MYST, MYST Masterpiece and Real MYST plus the GOG versions of those I will still be buying this newest version, Just because it is 3D with full water effects, real time reflections and day night cycling PLUS having both the full real time 3d controls, and the classic point and click controls
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:35 am

Additionally to Lyrositor's hints given by Greydragon on CyanChat (on page one of this thread) I'd like to add a post of Greydragon on Cyan's new Myst and other Cyan games related forums in the beginning of September already, which I happened to read a few minutes ago for the first time, but I find it important for all supporters of Cyan Worlds projects to beat the drums for them more intense and zealously, and this goes to all more involved in all kinds of social networks like Facebook etc. ... Please read this short announcement and kind request ... :P

As of that statement it seems that this time there'll be no one (company/publisher) to 'start the publishing machine' as he said, so, Cyan will somehow particularly depend on its fanbase to spread the word ... Yeah, I just felt to mention this in case that like me more haven't seen this yet ... I'm not on Fb or so, but like this e.g. I contribute and support in my way(s) ... :D
janaba

Postby janaba » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:24 am

A double post, so everyone sees that there's something new ... :D

Cyan just posted an update 15 minutes ago to some questions as for the new realMyst version for Mac and PC ... The link to Cyan's Fb page ...

Here's what they say ... Enjoy ... :P

The update last night was a little confusing and there were several questions asked. So, here are some answers.

“Will people who already own realMyst have to buy this one as well?”

-Yes. The “realMyst Update” heading was confusing, but the update was for a new title, realMyst Masterpiece Edition, not the original. Owners of the original realMyst on Steam will be given a discount for realMyst Masterpiece Edition when it releases on Steam.

“Which version of realMyst is this for?”

-This is realMyst: Masterpiece Edition for Windows and Mac.

“So do the views in classic controls work like Myst as single stills? Or are they like Exile with panoramic views?” “I wonder if there will be controller support for the 3D controls mode?”

-The classic controls replicate Myst’s original controls. While we currently don’t support the use of controllers outside of mice and keyboards, but we are looking into implementing gamepad support and other peripherals.

Edit: The new realMyst Masterpiece Edition is now officially announced on Cyan's website too ... So, now it is real and definite ... :)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:02 pm

great minds think alike, janaba, I've just posted the same message on the Cyan forum! :lol:
Acorn

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Cyan stated that they would release on Steam and others.

I have added "RealMyst: Masterpiece Edition for Windows and Mac" to the GOG wish list. It would help if others would also vote for it..
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:51 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:Cyan stated that they would release on Steam and others.
I have added "RealMyst: Masterpiece Edition for Windows and Mac" to the GOG wish list. It would help if others would also vote for it..

Great idea ... done ... :D

Ohh, I believe our precious admins removed the edit restrictions ... cool .... :geek:

So, I'd like to add that I just posted that wonderful proposal or request over on the new Cyan forums as someone else also hinted to a GOG submission ... Now we can hope for some more votes as I really wouldn't want to buy it through Steam if possible ... :P
janaba

Postby Tweek » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:26 am

Hmm if I am to be honest I'm not impressed by this. Whilst I understand what kind of state Cyan is in I'm hoping these are old WIP shots.

Myst Island looks kinda nice but some of the modeling and texturing (some colour adjustment is needed as those greens are rather garish) could use a lot of improvement. As for Mechanical and Channelwood there seems to be room for a lot of improvement there.

Updating Real Myst says to me you bring it up to date with modern technology and graphics which I don't feel is the case at all from these images.

But as I said these could be old WIP shots and things could have changed, the skeptic in me, however, says that I'll be disappointed when it comes out.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:28 am

janaba wrote:

Ohh, I believe our precious admins removed the edit restrictions ... cool .... :geek:

So, I'd like to add that I just posted that wonderful proposal or request over on the new Cyan forums as someone else also hinted to a GOG submission ... Now we can hope for some more votes as I really wouldn't want to buy it through Steam if possible ... :P

I also do not like Steam for it seems as if they attach the unwanted DRM to their games
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:11 am

Wamduskasapa wrote:
janaba wrote:

+1 - but only 6 votes so far :shock:
Acorn

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion