What is Cyan up to?

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: What is Cyan up to?

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Janaba I Thank You so vary much for those Twitch TV video addresses

For those who wish a permanent copy of these videos please follow this short guide

1. click the share tab and copy the video address (in this example: http://www.twitch.tv/cyan_inc/b/480213659 )
2. go to Twitch Tools: http://www.twitchtools.com/video-download.php
3. paste the address in video URL and click download after it obtains the video then pick the video quality (IE: click Best) and then click download - bingo you now have your FLV movie
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Ainia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Wamduskasapa wrote:Janaba I Thank You so vary much for those Twitch TV video addresses

For those who wish a permanent copy of these videos please follow this short guide

1. click the share tab and copy the video address (in this example: http://www.twitch.tv/cyan_inc/b/480213659 )
2. go to Twitch Tools: http://www.twitchtools.com/video-download.php
3. paste the address in video URL and click download after it obtains the video then pick the video quality (IE: click Best) and then click download - bingo you now have your FLV movie

Shorah everyone,

Thanks for the instructions Wam, however, the twitch tools (and most other methods for downloading twitch streams) will only grab the first 1/2 hour of a video. Apparently, twitch breaks everything up into 1/2 hour segments and so there is no straightforward way to get more than the first segment. I am working on getting all the parts downloaded and cobbled back together ATM. I can post here when they are completed if folks want. Be warned, though, they will be *BIG* files!!
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Thank you Ainia When you complete the "stitching" together then I will download your versions.

Though the Twitch Tool page does give all of the half hour segments under each quality choice
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:05 pm

I am downloading media files, mostly videos if at all, with the Firefox DownloadHelper add-on as it fetches all media files from websites ... So, I didn't intend to download this video as it isn't very important for me to have, it is funny to watch, but has a length of 02:12 hrs and I have seen it already on Twitch.tv ... :P

So, as there seems to be an issue maybe with the 30 min. restriction I've started the video again and in the same moment as always my DownloadHelper activated, means it has grabbed the file and is ready to take the order to download, and then I clicked on it to choose the flv file to download, which it is doing right now ... as it has a big size of 787 Mb I'll stop this procedure lol, I just wanted to tell you all how it might be possible to get the whole file ... I suppose any download application would do that too ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi, everyone ... I'm glad that I didn't stop the download so that I could see if the whole video would've really been downloaded, and it isn't the whole, 30 minutes only with 787 Mb ... :shock:

O_o, so the whole will be really really large, haha ... Ok, that is it, I just wanted to let you all know, and I'm wishing Ainia much luck with doing the trick to get it in parts and all of it ... and we can be glad that the other videos are all on YouTube, many you find on Cyan's YouTube channel ... :P
janaba

Postby Ainia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:39 pm

janaba wrote:Hi, everyone ... I'm glad that I didn't stop the download so that I could see if the whole video would've really been downloaded, and it isn't the whole, 30 minutes only with 787 Mb ... :shock:

O_o, so the whole will be really really large, haha ... Ok, that is it, I just wanted to let you all know, and I'm wishing Ainia much luck with doing the trick to get it in parts and all of it ... and we can be glad that the other videos are all on YouTube, many you find on Cyan's YouTube channel ... :P

:D Yep, I warned you!! I spent a frustrating weekend downloading only the first segments until I finally figured out the restriction. Yes, each 1/2 hour segment is close to 800MB, so the final file size for the 2-1/2 hour feed will be more than 3GB!! :shock:

I am hoping to have that one monster finished up before bedtime tonight and to get the others started in the meanwhile. The stitching shouldn't take terribly long (fingers crossed), but the downloading is a different story as my internet connection is not the fastest... :roll:

Stay tuned!! :)
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Ainia » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 am

Greetings and Shorah!

As promised, here are the downloadable versions of the Twitch live feeds:

Notes: The original files were in FLV format and about 2-3x the size of the final files!! The last bullet is probably of interest only for purists (folks who want to see the 1:26 minutes of initial live feed not included in the Google+ Hangout video); because the frame sizes of the two feed sources were different, this one is in the larger MOV format (for some reason, my FLV=>MP4 converter objected to that difference, so I stuck with QuickTime format for that effort).

Hope you guys have decent download bandwidth!! Enjoy! :D
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby janaba » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:12 pm

So, you made it, Ainia, awesome ... :D

I'm glad though that I don't need those Saxy videos as I've watched them already and don't need to see them again lol ... and I'd like to remind you or make you aware of all those YouTube videos available on Cyan's YouTube channel posted above, where you find the Google+ hangouts 1 and 2 and The Final Countdown video etc. which I've posted already too, and there's another more alive RAWA YouTube video recorded by Dilandau3000, which I have posted before already as well ... Those videos, which I've just mentioned, I myself will maybe watch one day again as they're very nice and informative and which I have all downloaded already, and here it comes lol, those YouTube flash files have a size of only about 118 - 147 MB each and that is really cool and acceptable and could thus take a great load from you server too, Ainia ... :P

Yeah, nevertheless, congrats for being able to grab the whole files from Twitch.tv and circumvent their restrictions, and thanks for the efforts and for sharing them with all of us through your great website, Ainia ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Thank you Ainia - I have download all four - Again I Thank you for all your hard work

EDIT: The Obduction Website has been updated with additional information and their PayPal link has also been updated with additional information..
Wamduskasapa

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:09 am

I have let some others know about a Benchmark Test to check out if your computer will run Obduction.

The System Requirements have been posted on their Forum

This Benchmark will stress your system well beyond Cyan's posted requirements

If you are running 2 or more NVidia video cards in an SLI configuration then go to your NVidia Control Panel (Just right click the Desktop) and set it up like this picture.
Show Spoiler

Just download and install this little test - then close all programs and run the benchmark.
Choose the Amount of Tessellation and Anti aliasing that you want (for Obduction you want Normal and 2X) and then click Run
In the upper left corner is a Tab called Benchmark - click it and the benchmark will run

In the upper right corner you will see the temperatures of your video card if they exceed 90 Celsius hit ESC and SHUT the benchmark down

I ran 3 tests on my system - the last picture shows my system with Tessellation MAXed and Anti aliasing set on 4X

http://www.wamduskasapa.com/Myst/SLI_No_Tesselation.jpg
http://www.wamduskasapa.com/Myst/SLI_No ... lation.jpg
http://www.wamduskasapa.com/Myst/SLI_Ex ... lation.jpg
Wamduskasapa

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion