Christ Tunpi {Merry Christmas}

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Christ Tunpi {Merry Christmas}

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:35 pm

May the Spirit of this very special season show you joy, peace & happiness.
May the Great Spirit be with you all, Please be safe and enjoy the festivities of the season.
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: Christ Tunpi {Merry Christmas}

Postby Deledrius » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:29 am

Merry Christmas!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby janaba » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:48 am

Thank you very much, Wam, and I wish you and everyone all the same and much blessings, love and light and all the magic coming with this seaon ... :P

As I don't feel like posting a traditional christmas card, I'll say it all with one of my most beloved christmas songs ... Merry Christmas to one and all! :)
janaba

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Merry Christmas to all
and a happy new year

Alabaster.jpg
Alabaster.jpg (69.45 KiB) Viewed 7875 times
Dulcamara

Postby Ainia » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Shorah everyone!

Wow, thanks Dulcamara for the nice holiday gift, a teaser photo for Alabaster! :)

And as always, thanks Wam for your wonderful spiritual presence and good wishes. May they be returned to you manyfold! :D
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Acorn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:37 am

Thank you everyone for these seasonal wishes and I wish for you all the most wonderful and restorative holidays - thinking of you especially, janaba, in case it's a difficult time for you.

Thank you too everyone for everything each of you has contributed over the year - you've all done so much! (As have some people who haven't yet posted on this thread ;) - my thanks to them too :lol:)
Acorn

Postby janaba » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:19 am

Acorn wrote:Thank you everyone for these seasonal wishes and I wish for you all the most wonderful and restorative holidays - thinking of you especially, janaba, in case it's a difficult time for you.

Awww, thank you, Acorn, for me this is ok already, I first had to ponder what you might be speaking of lol, no, seriously, but it was more difficult for my mother to have her first christmas without him, so, we didn't celebrate in her house, but had a nice afternoon and evening in a beautiful restaurant, in Schloß Diedersdorf, a bit outside of Berlin, where my brother made a reservation beforehand, as it wasn't easy, almost impossible even, to find a location 'outside' on 'Heilig Abend', which is your christmas eve, where almost everyone is celebrating here at home, but it was quite well-attended, of course, and very nicely and festively arranged with a great and opulent christmassy buffet, and so we had a 'quite wonderful' time for a few hours together, just my mother, my brother and his girl friend and me ... Yeah, thank you for your thoughts ... :P

Ohh, I'm so glad that we can edit our posts here lol, so, I'd like to say thank you, Dulcamara, for this beautiful and promising christmas message, having us all looking forward to new astounding adventures in the Elodea universe ... :D ... and thank you, Annabelle ... :)
Last edited by janaba on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:40 am

Merry Christmas to all of you & acorn :D

I was really impressed by the picture Dulcamara posted on Christmas Day. I had a strange feeling seeing it though :lol: . A feeling of déjà vu...I somehow had the same exact picture on my computer for quite a long time 8-) see for yourselves...

Show Spoiler

Seriously, maybe we will be able to visit that new age in 2014, it would be real nice :) .

I'm glad you had a good time in Schloss Diedersdorf janaba with your family even if you were not all present. I know for instance a family close to mine with a member having no clue why all his family members are gathered around his last bed for this time of year... :(

Thanks to Wam to open up this thread with a nice picture of a christmassy tipi. I do wonder how a native child can believe in Santa, the sled must make such a noise when landing near the tipi & how can Santa enter by the chimney without breaking the tipi ;) :lol:

Do not miss the next & last Christmas Party Hop coming in 2 days on Gehn!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:12 am

As far as Native American Christmas traditions there are many (like me) who still follow the old ways maybe these 3 Sioux traditions will help you to understand how we celebrate this season

A number of different Native American cultures have a friendly figure who treats children to candy and gifts during Christmas. For many Native Americans, this gentleman is known as the Handsome Fellow. Legend refers to a Chief named Chief Hobbythacco, which literally translates into English as "handsome fellow". He was part of the diplomatic efforts in Colonial America, and would often bestow other tribal chiefs with gifts to share amongst their people. Some Native Americans encourage their children to believe that the Handsome Fellow is responsible for leaving presents on Christmas Day, while others encourage the belief in Santa.

Numerous Native American tribes host dances on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. In many circumstances, the celebrations include a manger scene and a recreation of the Wise Men offering gifts to a newborn child. Some Indians observe a similarity between the Chiefs of the Great Nations and the Wise Men, as well as the act of bestowing gifts onto the newborn babe to that of the Great Thunderbird offering gifts to (Sioux) braves in the fields

The following story is an ancient one and it is actually the original give-away tradition (known by some as Potlatch).
Christmas Moccasins
A young boy discovers the depth of the Creator's love and forgiveness as he accompanies his grandmother to deliver Christmas gifts. Earlier in the year the 3 young men who receive the gifts cruelly hurt both grandmother and grandson, pushing them down in the snow and taking their coats and Grandmother's moccasins. Grandmother labored through the year to produce moccasins for the young men that were of extraordinary design and loveliness. In her giving and through her forgiveness she draws the young men into the compassion of Great Spirit's love.

EDIT added pictures of my Dance Drum, Buffalo Drum and Dance Rattle
Image Image Image
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Seppolo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:16 am

Thx!

Christmas is over. Nevertheless, all have a few days off and hopefully a Happy New Year. :)

Thank Dulcamara that you ever give us insights of alabaster. :D
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion