In need of some writerly skills

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

In need of some writerly skills

Postby Eleri » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:21 am

Heyla everybuggy! As some of you know, there's a Myst-based tabletop RPG being made, and I'm the Art Director. We've got some loverly artists on board and one of them is Inki, who did the wonderful avatar portraits way back in Prologue/UU days. She's doing portraits of some of the DRC members for us, and we've been trying to get good screenshots of them for her reference. Nothing that is sitting on teh intarwebs that we could find is good enough quality, so I went the Drizzle/OfflineKI route. I can get closet shots of the DRC avatars, but not close ups on their heads- so the images are still too small and pixelated for her to use. Since these are canon characters, she wants to be sure to get them as accurate as possible.

What I'm hoping, is that there's a command I can use to zoom the camera in on their heads (like clicking the 'face' magnifying glass for a standard avvie), or someone who's got those avvies plugged in on their shard, and can grab some headshots for me, or some other clever trick so that I can get these pictures to Inki so she can get to drawing.

If you have any ideas, you can grab me on the Cyan forum, or hunt me down on G+ or something. Thanks!
Eleri

Re: In need of some writerly skills

Postby Deledrius » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:30 am

Shift-C will detach the camera and using the mouse+WASD you can fly it around in front of them while posed in whatever Age and with whatever background you'd like. Clothing.ChangeAvatar is the console command to change to whichever NPC is needed. Look at the CustomAvatars PRPs for the available NPCs and the names it uses. Game.TakeScreenshot will allow you to capture a high-res image without the quality problems of the KI images.

Let me know if you need any more information or assistance! :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby tachzusamm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:05 am

You could use the Offline KI commands /stopcam and /gocam.

/stopcam freezes the camera where it is when you type the command. Then you can walk around with your Avatar, the camera does not follow you any longer. Find a pleasing location to start the command.
/gocam switches back to normal camera operation.
tachzusamm

Postby Sirius » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 am

IMHO, the best way to get nice closeups to custom avatars would be to import them in Blender (if one of your guys know the basics of it).

The current version of PyPRP won't import custom avatars, but I have a fixed hacked version somewhere if you're interested.

An example of Rand in Blender

However, if you manage to get fine pictures in-game, it might not be worth troubling yourself with importing them - your choice.
Sirius

Postby Ainia » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:13 am

Shorah Eleri,

Another option is using the offline KI command /avatar <npcname> in your Relto closet where you can use the face view for a close up. The closet has a plain background, which is a nice plus for your situation.
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Eleri » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks gang! These are a big help :)
Eleri

Return to Off-Topic Discussion