XING: The Land Beyond E3 Demo

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

XING: The Land Beyond E3 Demo

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:47 am

XING has released another Demo and this is much more challenging and intriguing than the last Demo

You will need the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

This is where You will be able to get the Xing: The Land Beyond Demo (759mb)

Your journey takes place on a series of mysterious islands, where you must solve a diversity of puzzles. Spiritualism, mysticism and logic come together in the land of Xing, where you will traverse mountains, deserts, forests, volcanoes and more.

The Puzzles are based on your observation and learning, as well as the amazing themes. You progress at your own pace, and sometimes you might just want to look around and soak in the environment around you. There is no combat in this game. Everything around you is there for a purpose, whether it is an aesthetic purpose or is oriented towards gameplay. The mechanics and the aesthetics of this game work together harmoniously to bring about a fully immersive gaming experience.

This is a demo of the intro to the Rainforest level in XING: The Land Beyond, made in Unreal Engine 4, and features Oculus Rift support.

Like all Unreal 4 demos, you’ll need DX11 and the VS 2013 redistributables.

Once you have these programs, simply unzip the archive and double click the shortcut for XING. VR mode should be enabled by default - if your Rift plugged is in and turned on it will function. But just in case it isn't, try going into the settings menu by pressing ESC or start (360 controller) and toggling full screen and/or the Rift toggle. The demo is fully playable with or without a Rift.

Note: There are currently 2 graphics settings, and the default is low. You can change this by going to the settings in the menu (Esc/Menu)

If you get lost::
Show Spoiler
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: XING: The Land Beyond E3 Demo

Postby Sirius » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:18 am

Wow, real nice ! :shock:

I can't help but think if Cyan put a little more work on the models and textures of Real Myst ME, it would almost be on par with this...

I definitely love
Show Spoiler

Once again, it's cool to see people don't develop only war games, but also some in which you have time to explore and enjoy the scenery.

Thanks for sharing, Wam ! :D
Sirius

Postby janaba » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:44 am

Thank you very much, Wam ... :P

This is really absolutely almost indescribable beautiful, realistic and magical ... At first I was wondering if my computer would be able to handle this gorgeous feast for the eyes and all the senses at all, when I was first watching the YouTube walkthrough, which isn't really a walkthrough, it is just presenting the mechanics of how to play/move/walk/beam etc. through and is more like a wonderful 'walking through' it all as a presentation to whet the appetite ...
I am glad that I could play easily without any lag or so by now, but I can 'hear' that this is quite a challenge for my machine (with low and high quality), yes, it is very loudly roaring, omg lol, but this will not keep me from exploring further with headphones (I don't have an OR btw) ... 8-)

I can imagine, Wam, that esp. this game with those gorgeous, realistic and magical nature environments, the interactivity as for the elements and the cycles of nature etc. almost as in RL, esp. as a Shaman or shamanic ancestry, and of course the extraordinary beautiful ambient sounds and the music, this must be just like heaven on Earth ... Thanks again for posting this ... :)

Yeah, this might be the next generation of compelling real 3D adventure games, and 'The Gallery: Six Elements' etc. might fall into that category, even though non-violent, I believe those will appeal even to those preferring the shooter/fighting/monster games etc. before, if only as an exciting diversion for relaxation, and Cyan jumped on that train right in time with 'Obduction' and with a little training on the 'RealMyst ME' beforehand ... :P
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:25 am

For those of us who have watched over and eagerly followed the development of White Lotus Interactive and it's 3 ambitious developers with the exciting MYST Like game since February of 2013 - On the fourth - I received some very exciting news.

XING: The Land Beyond will shortly be within its Beta Test (Later part of November or early December)

AND then on sale in February or March in the Humble Store and Steam..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:10 am

yes it's great news! :D
Acorn

Postby Liam Noecker » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:24 am

It was magical! Btw, who made the soundtrack?
In order to actually write a good essay you have to be literate and articulate. Just remember that essay editing and proofreading is important because not every mistake can be spotted. Unfortunately there are no books that could help you write essays.
Liam Noecker

Postby Acorn » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:22 am

I think one of the team of three does the music.
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:47 pm

The game finally arrived today to Kickstarter backers, and is for sale via Steam. It looks very pretty. Such a shame that Wam, who started this thread and, I believe, was also a backer, isn't here to enjoy playing it. :cry:
Acorn

Return to Off-Topic Discussion