Trylon, ZURI, Corvus and me on AppStore

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Trylon, ZURI, Corvus and me on AppStore

Postby ametist » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi all! Just want to say that if any of you come across this app 'ExplorerLG' on AppStore, GooglePlay, Amazon or Opera Store, and recognize bits of it, you are correct! I have used Trylon's Gairdin, Corvus' lab from RellToo and an age I once got from ZURI in this ExplorerLG. Trylon gave all his ages, the blender files and sources, with included license to use it freely, to all of us when he left. Those of you that have been around for a while might remember that. The age I got from ZURI is never published before, I have used it in my work at school only. I have permission from Corvus to of course, to use her lab. I have textured them(not all of the lab, just those textures I didn't know for sure was free to use), added music and scripted the gameplay, but not changed much in either of them. I did this as a challenge for myself. I still like to build 'uruish' style, so of course there is a book and a puzzle in there :).
Here is a trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VctJS2Mmp-8/

I still love to build, and I still struggle with texturing, shaders, lighting, and I'm still not the best with any of it :). But I have learnt to script in C#! Couldn't have done any of this without all the help and encouragement I got from many of you when i started to build here, so thank you!
ametist

Re: Trylon, ZURI, Corvus and me on AppStore

Postby janaba » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:11 am

Hi, ametist, I hope everything is good and well for and with you, and it's nice that you're still enjoying to create great explorable educational games and environments ... :P

The trailer is awesome and this little guy is absolutely adorable, he's running so straight and smoothly in his big shoes, I feel I could watch him forever lol ... I also love the beaming device and wonder what you'll find behind all those doors, one already revealing a chemistry laboratory ... The music fits very well too ...

Ametist, I'm wishing you further on even more fun, creative ideas and excitement in your life and thus benefitting all your students and everyone you'll meet ... It is always nice to hear what has become of those who moved on ... wonderful ... :)
janaba

Return to Off-Topic Discussion