developers Hood

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

developers Hood

Postby zeke365 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:25 am

The developer's hood is now open and is seeking all game developers or just beginning developers who want to learn the age building process or just game development in particular and see what goes into making a game. If your an experienced game developer then you can show some tips and tricks that might beneficial to everyone building content for uru or teach those who are just beginning to learn the process of game making or making ages.

I will need the help of the guild of writers to make this a success and maybe more participation here. It for those would be willing to teach new comers as well some experts who might can share some tips, the hood is in MOUla.
zeke365

Re: developers Hood

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:17 am

There is already a Guild of Writers Hood in MOULa...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Doobes » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:36 pm

While I believe your goal is admirable Zeke, one must remember a couple of things:

1) Members of the GoW are insanely busy most times, and that's just with stuff that isn't even game-related. I know this because I've talked with many of them directly.

2) Due to #1, it will be difficult for them to spare time on this, particularly when there are very helpful Wiki tutorials already available on their own site that any aspiring Age builder can use (and even edit themselves). Remember that the spare time they DO get for URU is used towards projects like Gehn Shard, Korman and, on occasion, Intangibles work.

Trust me, you can make this a success even without the GoW getting heavily involved. Your best bet is to leave an open invitation here for any Guild members who'd like to drop in and see what happens.
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Max » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 am

Well, the Hood has already created some interest, and some people might wish to join it. Anyways, it would be beneficial (I think) for everybody in MOULa with a 'dedicated' Hood for us, more of amateurs, where people could go to and discuss if they'd wish. And meet up on a very short notice. But also perhaps keep the Hood always up and open in Nexus.
Max

Postby Karkadann » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Which program will you be discussing, Blender with PYPRP, Korman, or Max with the Plasma plug-ins
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby zeke365 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Probally the blender with korman plugin but still brain storming how we we do things.
zeke365

Postby zeke365 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:31 am

We've decided for a first introduction meeting. Just to chat about ideas, programs we can
use and ways of share tips and things. Very basic. But also to see how we can proceed. And
what people could use this for. So you all are welcome to...

Developer's Hood, Wednesday 18th November, from 14:00 KI Time (and as long as is needed)
zeke365

Postby Doobes » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:45 pm

zeke365 wrote:Probally the blender with korman plugin but still brain storming how we we do things.

Actually, IMHO, I would focus more on PyPRP for the time being, with maybe a parallel talk of Korman as it is so far. While Korman is much more user-friendly, PyPRP (at the moment) has more features.

When Hoikas and crew get time to add the more needed features to Korman, then that can be re-examined. :)
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby zeke365 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:13 am

do not forget there a meeting in the development hood where you can ask questions into what makes game, how ages are built, what engines stuff like that there will be a presentation by developer at 14:00ki time today so be sure to join us it open to everyone be sure to join us in MOULa (if's it open during that time otherwise it will be postponed) for other times check this site out http://www.guildofsleepers.org/a-guide-to-ki-time.html
zeke365

Postby zeke365 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:00 pm

this will be postponed till next wed. for MOUla servers still being down.
zeke365

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion