"Alternate" Age Creation?

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Re: "Alternate" Age Creation?

Postby Sirius » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:30 am

Deledrius wrote:determination.

Didn't even need to click to know what it was about. (Off topic, I do recommend Undertale fans to read Homestuck. Beware, though: it obliterated my free time from 7pm to 1am on most days for a few weeks. Completely worth it, though.)

Deledrius wrote:In fact, I would say that a good way to get started which doesn't require too much forward investment is to block things out with a minimum of detail.

I agree. Creating the layout for the Age, thinking about where to put elevators, doors, secret passages and stuff is my preferred part of building. However, keeping it small is a good idea too as it's more manageable. In any case, don't be over-ambitious.
Modeling details is really rewarding too, but it involves much more knowledge of the engine.

Deledrius wrote:People ask for this all the time. I know that you know how much work it would be

Oh yeah. It's not doable without very experienced coders, and a good bunch of artists to output a lot of assets for people to use.
Still a dope idea though.
Sirius

Postby Lehnah » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:27 am

Honestly, starting on Age creating just seems too daunting for me. However, I am happy to help with any kind of concept design Age builders might want. It's about time I put my Fine Art degree to something worthwhile. :lol:
Lehnah

Postby Deledrius » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:26 pm

Lehnah wrote:It's about time I put my Fine Art degree to something worthwhile. :lol:

It's weird, but all of my Fine Arts degree friends say this a lot.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:33 pm

Lehnah wrote:Honestly, starting on Age creating just seems too daunting for me.

They say Rome wasn't built in a day ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Deledrius » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:33 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:They say Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

True.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion