MARKERS USED IN FAN AGES PUZZLES

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

MARKERS USED IN FAN AGES PUZZLES

Postby JahmanMyst » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Most Explorers know about Marker Quests that allow us to build and play with the markers. Of course, MOULa explorers had to get their green & red markers to upgrade their ki.
Then there were those 14 Marker Missions we had to do in order to calibrate the Great Zero and be able to then build or make Marker Quests/ Quest Markers.
The green and red markers were part of a set group of markers for a ki upgrade to our game.

I couldn't help but wonder why markers with text clues, warning or any other type messaging could not be employed in fan age creation as a part of their Fan Age Game Puzzle?
Of course, having a marker editor that could allow us to download a marker quest in order to more easily insert marker test, tweak a marker's position, or simply edit out markers would be a powerful tool.
A Powerful Tool like a Marker Editor would certainly make Quest building much easier and produce a Higher Quality of Quests.

For instance, I built a Planet Dragonia Fan Age with many Ages based on Ecology based power sources. Hydro-waterfalls, Thermal- steam vents, Wind- Windmills and turbines, and more.
In MOULa I built a Quest Series of Marker Quests of Puzzles with Journal Stories as the rewards for solving those Quest Puzzles. The Story Journals were a prelude storyline to my Planet Dragonia Fan Age.
It outlined the way in which explorers would find their way onto the Starship Utopia. The starship was the first Puzzle Age to solve to get to the planet ages. You had to solve how to get the Starships systems booted up.

The Quest Series I built was a multi-player game series. And my Fan Ages also required a minimum of 5 explorers to get the Starship's systems powered up.
Obviously, the model for my ages and Quests were based on the MOUL Gametap introduction Jalak, Delin and Tsogal Ages that require several explores to work together for a solve.

Unfortunately, my Quest Series failed to generate explorer interest. Perhaps the failure of Gametap MOUL building multi-explorer ages needing several explorers in some capacity was a clue for me not to follow in?
Even though I tried my best to make clear my Quest Marker game puzzle were built for several explorers working together to solve, explorer after explorer would try to do them alone and then give up.
Even told to run a chat log to save the clue text with, they wouldn't. I even had a private chat channel for explorers to use to talk and work together with. None used it.
And yes! I even built a Planet Dragonia Website with a page dedicated to make solving one of the Quest Puzzles easier. None used it.
Age Building and Quest building is not for the faint of heart. Gauging how much and how hard to make something that will challenge, but not frustrate, interest, but not bore players is a never ending process to learn.

I really believe there is a place for having a Marker Editor tool in MOALa. I hope other explorers will agree and support my efforts to have one made available for us all.
JahmanMyst

Re: MARKERS USED IN FAN AGES PUZZLES

Postby Chacal » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:23 pm

This is the first time I hear about this.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby zeke365 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:19 pm

This very interesting topic though there few things you need to take in consideration first which RAWA rules https://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/RAW ... or_Writing when creating these things.

Though I did something similar awhile back and made game called Hood Quest in which you collected the markers then were forced to read a story in the forums which brought you the next quest. You read instead of just collecting them so the in game were odd # while the forums were even #. Though I would like to expand on this I been very busy at the moment.

Here a link to Hood quest and I followed RAWA rules when creating this https://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewt ... 41&t=27883

So it was something interactive and sounds kind of similar what your talking about though I just worked in the limitations I had.
zeke365

Postby Maroonroon » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:41 am

That being said, while keeping to take in consideration RAWA rules, something that could "probably ( ? )" be done is a "purple markers mission" dispenser, like at Rezeero with "red markers missions", but it should be D'ni-made missions, not human-made missions ( :arrow: RAWA rules).
Last edited by Maroonroon on Sat May 01, 2021 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maroonroon

Postby Korovev » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:43 am

Why would human-made missions be against RAWA rules?
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Maroonroon » Sat May 01, 2021 7:16 am

Because human-made mission received from a dispenser means a human can access to the dispenser internal system.
If a human can access to the dispenser internal system, he can probably access (same technology) to the Nexus internal system.
If a human can access to the Nexus internal system, he can edit it to add fan Ages inside for example, and if I'm right, we are not allowed (for now?) to do that.
If I'm right...
But the better thing to do to be sure of that, is to ask to RAWA.
Maroonroon

Postby Korovev » Sun May 02, 2021 6:23 am

Korovev

Postby Maroonroon » Sun May 02, 2021 10:08 pm

I play this game since 2004, so, I know about the ingame characters like Laxman; but he's an ingame character, like Yeesha...
The fact that they can do something don't mean that we also can; of course I'd like to, but I can't.
That being said, if RAWA says "No matter; you can do it.", I'm OK with that.
Maroonroon

Postby Korovev » Mon May 03, 2021 1:39 am

There’s a difference between “not being able to” and “being asked not to”; the latter is definitely the case here.

In fact, it’s already possible to add fan ages as personal instances to the Nexus, using an internal client. Obviously it’s not recommended, and can mess up an account if done incorrectly, but there already is a dialogue with Cyan about how to implement personal instances through regular means.
Korovev

Postby Maroonroon » Mon May 03, 2021 1:47 pm

I know that it's technicaly possible... OOC.
When we (anybody) talk about this kind of things in Uru, for Age Writing/Building, we have many things to take in consideration; at least:
  • RAWA rules,
  • the IC story/stories,
  • the OOC technical possibility to do something,
  • the relationship between IC and OOC,
  • the shards where we want people to be able to visit the Ages we built.

If the shard where you want people to be able to visit the Age you built isn't the official MOUL(a) shard, you can +/- do what you want, if there's no IC story on it to take in consideration; but if you want your Age to be added on the official shard, with the current state of Age creation and of their implementation, there are restrictions...
Maroonroon

Return to Off-Topic Discussion