Where do i get ULM?

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Re: Where do i get ULM?

Postby Chacal » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 pm

Access denied? That probably means the file is already open.
Make sure you close any program that might have that file open. Try after rebooting just to make sure.
Otherwise it could be a problem of privileges, are you using a non-administrator user (yeah, it's a long shot)?
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Trylon » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:44 pm

hmm appearntly that file is locked somehow...

try removing it.

If that doesn't work, go into command-line mode (start->run->"cmd"), and go to the specified directory

then type "del ULMLIN~1.INF"

Don't run either ULM or Uru while doing that.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby L. DaVinci » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Chacal wrote:Access denied? That probably means the file is already open.
Make sure you close any program that might have that file open. Try after rebooting just to make sure.
Otherwise it could be a problem of privileges, are you using a non-administrator user (yeah, it's a long shot)?

Hahah.. I tried running ULM as an administrator and moved the Pahts over to Book 1 without error. Logged into UruCC and the book was certainly there. Linked into the book and Uru crashed telling me that there were some game files missing (or corrupted) and that I needed to reinstall Uru.

Update---

Ok.. I downloaded the Box Age, and Kato's Lab and transferred those two and Pahts over to Book 1 as an admin in the ULM. I can access both the Box Age and Kato's Lab without any problems, but again Pahts crashes Uru, telling me that I have missing or corrupted files. So it leads me to think that there is something missing from the version of Pahts that I have. I'll continue to research that aspect for now. Oh I also deleted that file, but I don't know if it had any affect on anything. Thanks for the help guys.
L. DaVinci

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:33 am

You need to update the sum file for Pahts. See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1174
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Previous

Return to Uru Library Manager