Suggestions for new ULM version

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Re: Suggestions for new ULM version

Postby Trylon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:23 am

D'Lanor wrote:ULM puts unnecessary files all over my TPOTS installation. I prefer to keep my installation folders clean. Is it posssible to have ULM store those md5 checksums in its own folder?

Good point, I'll keep that in mind, since I was getting annoyed at those files as well :)
I've been building an uru file interfacing library for ULM, which now can read and write sum files, so I can probably use a single sum file to store the md5 caches now.

I also noticed that several ages are distributed with the log and xml files included, which Uru does not need. If I clean them up the books turn red in ULM. Could ULM please ignore these files?

I'll consider it, although it is the responsibility of the Age's writers to submit correct files, and of the ULM Administrator to keep it clean.
(Hmm, wait, that would be me..... just ignore that last part of the sentence 8-) )
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Trylon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:23 am

Floydman wrote:
dah'kree wrote:How about enabling it so you dont need an internet access to use ULM?

Although the idea is tempting, I think it would take too much power away from the Writers in controlling the IC environment.

1) Not really.
2) What power? ;)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Floydman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:24 am

Trylon wrote:
Floydman wrote:Although the idea is tempting, I think it would take too much power away from the Writers in controlling the IC environment.

1) Not really.
2) What power? ;)

Well, when I posted that I assumed that when ULM updated its list of available ages it also updated the installed ages that were in the online library. I take it I'm wrong? If I am mistaken, then I would suggest that that be implemented in the next version.

If I were to release an Age and then IC'ly have events occur that open up new areas, it would be a nightmare to me to have people playing older versions of the Age.
Floydman

Postby andylegate » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 am

Right now the way the ULM works, it does NOT automatically download new or updated versions of any Ages.

It think it would be a good update to have the ULM indicate right on the screen that a new version is available so that people know, and can download the new Age if they so desire
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Trylon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:27 am

andylegate wrote:It think it would be a good update to have the ULM indicate right on the screen that a new version is available so that people know, and can download the new Age if they so desire

Actually, it does already.
When you see the green "Book And Pen" Symbol, it means that a newer version than the one you have is available
Trylon

Postby Paradox » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:05 pm

It would be great if ULM handled the .sum files automatically. Recently there have been lots of issues involving .sum files, if ULM handled those it would cause a lot fewer headaches.
Paradox

Postby Trylon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:13 am

That one's already in the pen. (actually I already wrote the code that does just that).

Currently it's a little on hold because of the RAD competition.
Trylon

Previous

Return to Uru Library Manager