Suggestions for new ULM version

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Re: Suggestions for new ULM version

Postby Paradox » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:25 pm

D'Lanor wrote:You could either add a page (prp) to Relto with the images, or add a global image library. A third option would be that age builders provide a global prp file for their age which contains the linking panel(s).

Hmm, I used to be able to switch PRPs to global with PRPTool. Was that option removed?

The "option" is still there, but PrpTool doesn't write any data to the file. :(
Paradox

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:10 am

Paradox wrote:The "option" is still there, but PrpTool doesn't write any data to the file. :(

Ah, now I remember. Zrax made it version 0.2 read only. Good thing I didn't throw away my copy of version 0.1.5 yet.

Although I guess setting those properties should really be a feature of PyPRP (if it isn't already hidden in there somewhere).
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby dah'kree » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:03 pm

How about enabling it so you dont need an internet access to use ULM? I have my reasons for this... I have 2 computers, one with a busted network card that cant access the internet and a perfect copy of uru, and one with internet and a messed up copy of uru. (Lost the original uru cd, and all I have it PotS cd, so couldnt do a normal install, transfered files manually, crashes allot and displays wrong textures.)
.Tahgehmah b'zoo ah rehlehm
.Tahgehmah b'zoo ah rehkor
.Tahgehmah b'zoo ah rehmahgah b'sel d'sehv
ImageImage
dah'kree

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:40 pm

Actually, Dah'kree has a point. It is entirely possible that there may be Uru installs on computers with no internet access, and people may install ULM with the intent of using it to enable links to manually downloaded, or self-written ages. It would be nice, then, if ULM didn't require an internet connection at startup, so it could be used simply as a link-maker where necessary.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby dah'kree » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:14 am

Ya...and now my computer with internet decided it doesnt like my PotS disk anymore.... So...no more testing for me for a while... :(
.Tahgehmah b'zoo ah rehlehm
.Tahgehmah b'zoo ah rehkor
.Tahgehmah b'zoo ah rehmahgah b'sel d'sehv
ImageImage
dah'kree

Postby Trylon » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:56 am

An idea I'd like to propose for ULM:

What do you think of an optional login, that gives the maintainers (or others) access to ages that are not yet approved?
After approval, they would appear in the normal login.

This idea could be expanded to include the ability for maintainers to comment on ages...

Would anyone have a problem with the new ULM (codename Tomehkortee), being incompatible with the old versions?
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Grogyan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:24 pm

I quite like that idea, as long as that maintainer/writer access allows for bug tracking.

Now there is an idea, seeing as RtR had already suggested it I can't take credit, so why not have bug tracking within ULM?

By the time this new version is done, everyone will want to upgrade ;)
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:25 am

ULM puts unnecessary files all over my TPOTS installation. I prefer to keep my installation folders clean. Is it posssible to have ULM store those md5 checksums in its own folder?

I also noticed that several ages are distributed with the log and xml files included, which Uru does not need. If I clean them up the books turn red in ULM. Could ULM please ignore these files?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Floydman » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:43 am

dah'kree wrote:How about enabling it so you dont need an internet access to use ULM?

Although the idea is tempting, I think it would take too much power away from the Writers in controlling the IC environment.
Floydman

Postby belford » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Who says the Writers should control the IC environment? Shouldn't the player decide what he's going to play?
belford

PreviousNext

Return to Uru Library Manager