ULM Question

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

ULM Question

Postby andylegate » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:24 pm

Okay, this doesn't have to do the the RAD ULM, that has some other problem, as it won't let me submitt my info to it in any case and keeps giving me a 404 Error. Has anyone else loaded their age up to the RAD ULM with no problems yet?

Here is the REAL question I have though, concerning the regular public ULM. I'm trying to put my Camp Bravo Age there. I have it pre-registered there just fine. The files are loaded up on Chacal's FTP server just fine. I can access the files anytime using Filezilla just fine.

Then when I do the Public Library Submission, I have everything set, list of files, etc, and it tells me Book Added! When I click on submit to server button.

BUT, when I open up the ULM and try to download Camp Bravo, it tells me No Mirrors Available......WTF?

So I've double check, it has to be something with the FTP address I'm giving it. Here is the Addy:

ftp://ecgn24.ecgnetwork.com/chacal/ULM/Campbravo This is put in the Download section for the addy, and of course I put in the username and password for it too.

Now, am I suppose to include the ftp:// or not? Either way, it still says No Mirrors Available when I try to download Camp Bravo.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Re: ULM Question

Postby andylegate » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:51 pm

OOPS!

Well I know what was causing THAT error! I forgot to click on the little green button for the ftp info! :roll:

Okay, so I'm not getting the No Mirrors error now.

But it's still not downloading the Age, it keeps saying some files were not downloaded (and in truth NONE of the files were downloaded). I suspect it is still having issues connecting to the server.
andylegate

Postby Chacal » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:51 pm

What I'm seeing in the log is repeated attempts for anonymous login, from 19:22 to 19:33 (EST) non-stop.
There shouldn't be any such attempt. After that there is no other attempt at all. So ULM never used the download account at all.

It's possible that ULM doesn't like passwords, I seem to remember there was such an issue. I can create a password-less user too.

Edit: I'm trying to put a username and password in the URL (mirror:ftp://account:password@ecgn24.ecgnetwork.com/chacal/ULM/Campbravo)and ULM doesn't even try. It always tries to login as anonymous. I can't give any kind of anonymous access. That's something Trylon has to fix.

Edit: try the same user but no password, I removed it and Trylon said this on Dec 6th:
Since the colon is used to indicate a port, it probably splits on the first @-sign, to determine username and password (password specification is not neccesary).

So try this as a Url:
mirror:ftp://rad@ecgn24.ecgnetwork.com/Campbravo

Also see your inbox for another fix.

You must do it in the web interface, because trying to change it locally does nothing (it is overwritten by the settings from the web site).
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:30 pm

When I put my age up, I set it up so that ULM downloaded the files via http, (placing the age files in public_html/AgeName) rather than using an ftp with a specific account.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby andylegate » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:32 pm

Tried that, and now it says that is' downloading files.......at Warp 10......in other words, it's not downloading the files at all. But at least it's not saying some files are missing..... :roll:

Part of the problem is there really is no guide on how to use the ULM to upload your Ages. I mean most of it looks self explanitory, and really, listing the files and stuff is a no brainer.

But then when it comes to listing the mirror address, there should be something that helps you better in understanding what you can and can't do. What will and won't work. And with all the new people starting to show up, this could turn into a serious issue.
andylegate

Postby Chacal » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:51 pm

Fixed. ULM only works with anonymous FTP.
Since Trylon is working on a new version, it would be useless to write instructions now.
Chacal

-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby andylegate » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:01 pm

If it's fixed.....well it's still not working for me. Still doing the same thing. Say's it's downloading, showing the cancel button, then flashes a whole lot, then says it's complete, yet there are now files downloaded. I can download other AGes just fine.
andylegate

Postby Chacal » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Check the files for Version 2. They're all here on my PC, but the list shows the checksum is bad for Campbravo.pak.
Chacal

-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Grogyan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:08 pm

Quick question Chacal, what is the address you're pointing ULM to?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Chacal » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:15 am

Chacal

-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Next

Return to Uru Library Manager