Yow! My Uru just stopped working.

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Yow! My Uru just stopped working.

Postby andylegate » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:03 am

Decided to take a look at the water texture demo this morning. So I downloaded the demo Age, put the files in my dat folder, opened up the ULM and moved the book over to an empty slot, and then loaded up Uru.

Or tried to! When I open it up, and click on the Play Uru selection, the Uru Setup box appears, and then I get the windows message about it having encountered a problem and needs to shut down. I did notice that the little box that says Uru Setup looked a LOT bigger than it normally does.

I ran Uru yesterday to check out Trylon's Age and had no problems. Exited Uru and went on my merry way to do other stuff. This morning is the first time I've tried to load it up since then. I removed the water demo Age, but still get that error. It's weird.

I guess I"m going to have to do a reinstall.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Re: Yow! My Uru just stopped working.

Postby andylegate » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:30 am

Well I fixed it, but I had to do a complete program dump.

Lucky me, I made a back up of my Uru install before I ever started messing with the ULM and fan Ages, so I was able to just delete all the old files and folders and pasted a copy of the back up.

Bam, back up and running.

The only thing I can think of, is that after taking a look at Trylon's Age yesterday, I did something I don't normally do, I exited Uru while still in his Age. Normally I always link back to Relto first, then exit the game. I know that shouldn't have an effect, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Nice flowing water Lontahv! Can't wait to get started in making them for Zephyr Cove
andylegate

Postby boblishman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:32 am

No .... I think I knw what the problem is...I just had the same thing myself...its....CampBravo :o ... from the ULM!

I have two machines... this one didn't have CampBravo (nightime), and, as I noticed it in the ULM I thought "oh, I´ll download it" ... so I did.. BROWN icon in the ULM, but I thought... oh, seen this before...it'll be ok... tried to start Uru ..."splast" .. UruSetup has encountered a problem... :shock:

Now, I had also been doing other things too...like Checking out the new Water Age ... so, I removed those files first... still wouldn't start... then I remembered CampBravo ... removed those from the dat folder (and the entry from the ULM) ...BINGO... Uru starts.

To double check it was Bampbravo I restored the files from my recycle bin ...then I even did a rebuild of the checksum ... Uru wouldnt start. Remved the files again...Uru starts

I guess you have some "bad" files for campBravo...and they are the ones currently sitting on the ULM (with a BROWN book) ... I think it needs removing (or updating)

Yes, I was worried for a while... the though of having to do a re-install (with all the stuff I have working correctly) was a bit of a heart stopper... but removing CampBravo fixed it for me...

sorry to be the bringer of bad news Andy... :cry:
Last edited by boblishman on Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Zander » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:37 am

Which ULM, though? My last download of CampBravo (about a week ago) worked fine. I haven't tried it since I switched to the contest ULM, but since that's shunted all but one of the other Ages into the Personal tab, I assume it hasn't downloaded any updates.
Zander

Postby boblishman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:41 am

As far as I know, it's only available from the "http://ulm.hbyte.net" Library ... if you download it from there (now) you'll get a BROWN (broken) book ... and Uru will stop working altogether
boblishman

Postby andylegate » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:59 am

It's only on the ulm.hbyte.net database right now. I'm having "issues" with the other ULM websites.

Chacal said that one of my files has a bad check sum, and told me it was the python file, campbravo.pak.
So I made a new pak file yesterday. You can't use UruFun to fix the checksum on those files.

Let me see what is going on, and I'll try to make a "good" file again. One thing you could do, put the Camp Bravo files back, but not the pak file in the Python directory. Age will still load, just can't use the journals and stuff. But do that and see if Uru still crashes. If not, then yah, that's the bad guy.
andylegate

Postby boblishman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:11 am

andylegate wrote:....put the Camp Bravo files back, but not the pak file in the Python directory. Age will still load, just can't use the journals and stuff. But do that and see if Uru still crashes. If not, then yah, that's the bad guy.

its not the pak file (in fact, I forgot about removing that one ... still have that in my Python folder!) ... its one of the DAT folder files ... once they were removed, Uru works again
boblishman

Postby andylegate » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:12 am

Hang tight guys. I'm changing the mirror. I just put the files from my own hard drive for Camp Bravo Night Time there, and no crash, so something must of happened to the files when I loaded them up on Chacal's server. As we now have the Maintainers server working, I'm going to upload the files to there and change the mirror on the ULM to point there. should take about 15 minutes.

I'll also be adding Camp Bravo Day Time when I can.
andylegate

Postby andylegate » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:53 am

Okay, all fixed!

You can now download Camp Bravo Night Time on the ULM, and you won't have any problems now. Mirror is redirected. The files downloaded just fine.

For all those that had this happen to them, I apologize for the problem, and possible heart attack my files gave you! :D

Check back on the ULM for the Day Time version later today (hopefully, gotta PM Trylon first)
andylegate

Postby boblishman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:14 am

Yes... just to confirm it's working correctly now (although when it downloaded it had a BROWN icon ... I still loaded it though, went there to check it out, and when I just went back to check the ULM it's turned green!)...

Anyhow, no more crashing... and all working as it should ... phew! :)

Note: Although the icon is now green, and everything works, if you check on the Show Book Info it gives these two errors:

DatFile: Campbravo.sum - (Invalid - Should be: 'i3reW9lQ4yuyqE139/zJ6w==', having 'ia2fF9XlBFpiqInQVHSIww==')
PyFile: Campbravo.pak - (Invalid - Should be: 'Campbravo.pak', having 'YB7tX08GkXOrvVOgMZDjkQ==')

As I said, everything works fine... so not sure if this is significant... (it says all the other files are OK)
boblishman

Next

Return to Uru Library Manager