Yow! My Uru just stopped working.

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Re: Yow! My Uru just stopped working.

Postby andylegate » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:23 am

Have no idea what that stuff means. I mean, not all of us are programers.

To me it looks like total jibberish. It would be a LOT more helpful if it said something like:

Campbravo.pak has a checksum error, please re-upload

or something like that. Basically, if it's greek to me, I ignore it, I'm not about to learn programing on top of everything else I've had to learn lately.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:26 am

I just downloaded Zephyr Cove from the regular ULM and the sum file is broken. UruFun cannot fix that because the file is unreadable.

The same thing happened to my age Prad btw. I suspect that is a "feature" of PyPRP 1.3.0 and later. Somehow it just doesn't finish writing the sum file anymore. And I noticed it doesn't create the xml file at all.

Did you port that age to the latest PyPRP version or is it still compiled with 1.2.1?

Edit: your sum file is actually a 0 bytes, while mine still had 24 bytes left. Hmm, maybe a different problem then.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Zander » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:16 am

D'Lanor, I suggest you use the link Andy put in the competition thread if it's still working...I'm fairly sure Andy and his team stuck to the older version of the plugin, because it was released while the competition was running and they felt that was fairer. However, I installed ZC from the download link and it seems to work fine even though I've upgraded to 1.3.0.
Zander

Postby D'Lanor » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:40 am

Actually, ages do work fine with empty sum files or even without sum files.

A file that has no checksum in a sum file does not get checked. Hence it always passes and the age loads fine (unless something else is wrong of course).
D'Lanor

Postby andylegate » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:02 pm

To answer the question: Zephyr Cove was exported using the 1.2.1 plugin.

I was going to say, that Trylon said he downloaded it fine and had no problems. So not sure about that.
andylegate

Postby Trylon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:11 pm

uhm, I didn't, to be honest.

I downloaded the zip file...

EDIT:
I repaired the ULM entries for you -zephyr cove now downloads perfectly on my machine
I also set CampBravoDayTime back to prereg. You have until the end of the month to upload....
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Chacal » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:11 am

boblishman wrote:Yes... just to confirm it's working correctly now (although when it downloaded it had a BROWN icon ... I still loaded it though, went there to check it out, and when I just went back to check the ULM it's turned green!)...

Anyhow, no more crashing... and all working as it should ... phew! :)

Note: Although the icon is now green, and everything works, if you check on the Show Book Info it gives these two errors:

DatFile: Campbravo.sum - (Invalid - Should be: 'i3reW9lQ4yuyqE139/zJ6w==', having 'ia2fF9XlBFpiqInQVHSIww==')
PyFile: Campbravo.pak - (Invalid - Should be: 'Campbravo.pak', having 'YB7tX08GkXOrvVOgMZDjkQ==')

As I said, everything works fine... so not sure if this is significant... (it says all the other files are OK)

This is exactly what happened before on my server, brown/green icon and all.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Trylon wrote:I repaired the ULM entries for you -zephyr cove now downloads perfectly on my machine
I also set CampBravoDayTime back to prereg. You have until the end of the month to upload....

Yes, it downloads but then... "UruSetup has encountered an error and needs to close". :(

So I deleted Zephyr Cove manually and then UruSetup works fine again.
D'Lanor

Postby boblishman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Yes... I had the same thing... I pm´d Andy about 30 mins ago ... he's just fixed it and pm'd me back ... should be ok if you download it again ...
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby andylegate » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:23 pm

I had uploaded Zephyr Cove using the ULM. I deleted the files and uploaded them straight to the server using FileZilla. No problems now.

I PM'ed Trylon about it, and he thinks that there is something going on with the Gzipping that the ULM does when you use it to upload your Age. He recommends that everyone use a different program or something else to upload your Ages to your servers.

If y'all look, you'll notice that both Camp Bravo Night Time and Zephyr Cove are fixed, along with the checksums. Should be no crashing now.
andylegate

PreviousNext

Return to Uru Library Manager