Something Weird...

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Something Weird...

Postby andylegate » Fri May 09, 2008 4:39 pm

Okay.....I've got something ....strange going on with the ULM and Uru......I'm not the only one, some people over the GoMa have had the same problem, and the same solution to fix it.....sort of.

What is happening is this. You put the fan Age on your book shelf......you link in. Right when the screen starts to show the Age, you do a CTD.

Okay. Some might think that it might be conflicting sequence numbers, but this is not the case. Each time we've looked at it, the Age is not conflicting with other Ages, as those other Ages have different sequence numbers.

Now, here is what fixed it:

Moving the Age from one slot to another slot. Not removing it and putting it back in the same slot. Doing so results in the CTD still.
But moving it to a different slot, and you link in okay. :?

Now I'm suffering even worst from it, as I fiddle with that Age.....I'm now having to do the same thing. Except I have to do it each time I go to link into the Age to check on things. Worst: I can't put it in a slot I used before, or I get the CTD!!! I only have so many slots! :roll:

I've tried uninstalling the ULM and reinstalling the ULM. Still get the same problem. This just started up a few days ago too.

I'm thinking of doing a fresh copy of Uru and see if that fixes it. It is annoying though.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Re: Something Weird...

Postby Aloys » Sat May 10, 2008 3:10 am

If re-installing ULM doesn't change a thing it sounds like it should be vault-related.. If that's the case, anything goes.. (Maybe trying deleting the personal.sav? I'm not so sure..)
Aloys

Postby andylegate » Sat May 10, 2008 4:18 am

I've tried re-installing the ULM, re-installing Uru......no joy.

I'm starting to think that it's the Age itself, as it's only doing it with one Age for me. I'm thinking of changing the sequence number (again for the 3rd time) and see what happens. The init file looks okay, my ALCscript looks good, I don't have a python file for the place yet, and the Book file looks okay too, but I'm thinking must be the culprit.

What I did was take Camp Bravo Night time (which was complete back with pre plugin 1.2.1 I think), and I saved it as a different Blend file name, and then I ran the Conversion Wizard to upgrade the book and stuff. Once I do link in, everything is working fine (except the journals since I don't have a python file for it).

I removed all the other fan Ages, and of course with a reinstall of Uru, that's a given too.

Another symptom is this: I don't always have to change something, and then replace the Age files for this to happen. I can load Uru up and link in fine once, then if I shut Uru down, and load it back up and try to link in a 2nd time, it does the CTD. Makes no sense at all.
andylegate

Postby D'Lanor » Sat May 10, 2008 5:22 am

The conversion wizard is only for ages made with PyPRP 0.5 or older. If you use it on 1.2.1 it should not do anything, except correcting things that you may have done wrong. Still, there could be an unforeseen error due to this improper use. Are there any duplicate entries in the text section?

And another thing, is your age referencing an SDL file which is not there yet? Uru definately does not like that.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby andylegate » Sat May 10, 2008 6:37 am

No, it does not look for an sdl file.

I just tried "Add New Book", and changed the sequence number. So far so good. Have not had the problem repeat...

So I would tenatively say that, yah, using the converters on anything made with 1.0.0 or higher might cause problems like this (which sucks as it means if I need to upgrade an Age, I'll have to do it manually).
andylegate

Postby Aloys » Sat May 10, 2008 8:57 am

Have you tried doing a minimal Age (a plane with collisions enabled, a linkin point and a book) and export it using the same name and sequence number? If that work and you can link at will in your Age then the problem should be with your Age, if not it's something else..
Aloys

Postby andylegate » Sat May 10, 2008 3:52 pm

Okay, finally figured out what was wrong: Spawn Point.

First, the conversion wizard made it not only with bounds on, but it put 3 of them in my Age! :shock:

Not sure why, I mean I know now that you're not suppose to use the wizard for anything above 0.5, but why put 3 extra spawn points into layer 2???

Anyway, got rid of them all and made a new one. Been running right ever since, no problems linking in.
andylegate

Postby D'Lanor » Sat May 10, 2008 4:12 pm

That is strange. Multiple spawnpoints should not make you crash. Well, perhaps they do when they have identical coordinates. :?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Return to Uru Library Manager