Older Ages not working properly

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Older Ages not working properly

Postby GregW11 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:26 pm

Whenever I download most of the older Ages (usually they involve compressed texture files and an "unknown file size" in the statusbar while downloading) urusetup.exe ends up crashing almost instantly. I don't even get the popup that I can select my profile from before starting. If an Age was created before the current version of ULM was released, would the change in the ULM coding be the cause of the Ages not downloading properly?
GregW11

Re: Older Ages not working properly

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:27 am

I know there used to be a few ages that would mess up Uru. It is not something though that you can pin down to "all" ages before a certain date. ULM does not do anything to the age itself. It just makes them available through a book. If the age crashes Uru it is not ULM's fault.

So it would probably help if you could tell us which ages you are having trouble with.

About compressed textures, most ages use those. If we don't compress textures the size of the texture file would become huge.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Re: Older Ages not working properly

Postby GregW11 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:19 pm

I think I may have had a corrupted ULM install the first time, because when I reinstalled it because I added flymode, all the Ages that weren't working are running fine now, with the exception of Vasikor Area 2 (the SDL file is missing each time I download it.)

That was the only seriously bad one, I had a couple of checksums that returned "invalid" for several of the files, but the Ages worked fine still...
GregW11

Return to Uru Library Manager