Not sure how to do this ...

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Re: Not sure how to do this ...

Postby boblishman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:58 am

OK...I did remove all my files...and downloaded myself ... I got a brown book ... :(

seems it doesn't like the The_Company_Nexus.sum file ...
I am getting: DatFile: The_Company_Nexus.sum - (Invalid - Should be: 'yXxDo+uosxeh4HLu0tdgMg==', having 'Wi5pi/qnfqd1sgaa9XTJDw==')

and the The_Company_Nexus_District_mainRoom.prp
I am getting DatFile: The_Company_Nexus_District_mainRoom.prp - (Invalid - Should be: 'UaaPqgCIh+/Rx+P59jPXdg==', having 'Q5ifYhHLyLa+5RmYSHi1Ow==')

...yet the Age loads and seems to work correctly ... ?? ... :?

how can I fix this?
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Corvus » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:21 am

I have these messages:
DatFile: Sonavio.sum - (Invalid - Should be: 'gqGOXdyjhlgcyVxwg8Xa4Q==', having 'qzYfCcnZyd5Emk9mUWCTmA==')

DatFile: The_Company_Nexus.sum - (Invalid - Should be: 'yXxDo+uosxeh4HLu0tdgMg==', having 'uzSsaFiZX/VWv0Z+RVVefg==')

And a third one:
DatFile: The_Company_Nexus_District_mainRoom.prp - (Invalid - Should be: 'UaaPqgCIh+/Rx+P59jPXdg==', having 'Q5ifYhHLyLa+5RmYSHi1Ow==')

I don't know if this helps...
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby Chacal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:26 am

The correct way to handle this would be to have a specific page (prp file) for the nexus, as part of the Sonavio Age, then use fake links to get in and out of there. This is pretty much what Robert and Aloys did for AHra Pahts and its nexus. As a bonus, it would be much quicker for the player.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 am

Would it be feasible to have a players ULM with no personal side? You only need the personal side if you are developing.
There are many ages out there which are not supported by ULM, and by removing the "Personal Tab", you would prevent access to those - it is *not* necessary only for developers.

The correct way to handle this would be to have a specific page (prp file) for the nexus, as part of the Sonavio Age, then use fake links to get in and out of there. This is pretty much what Robert and Aloys did for AHra Pahts and its nexus. As a bonus, it would be much quicker for the player.
Yeah, that's true, but it should still be possible to do it the way bob tried. AFAIK Janga and JangaLela are an example for having two ages in one ULM book.
I still wonder why sum files are checked at all and not generated after downloading - they were almost always wrong for me but the game accepted them.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Trylon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:31 am

Not really the correct way, more like "another good way" ;)
Still, it'd be a good idea.

Btw,
ULM's checksumming system is a bit off, but I have no idea where the problem lies, as it's pretty much spaghetti code.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby J'Kla » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:33 am

Still getting the message about some files not downloading correctly.

I made a seperate book link and your nexus also loads OK but I jumped out didn't want to spoil the puzzle so all I can tell you so far is it loads.
Put me down as a tester I am going to enjoy this one.
Show Spoiler

But
I don't think this picture counts as a spoiler because it gives no clue as to how I got there and where it is. It's just a small indication to you on where I have got to
Well worthy think I have cracked puzzle one but it looks like there's a few to go

[edit]Mmmmmmmm Checksum Spaghetti :D[/edit]
J'Kla

Postby Nadnerb » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:11 pm

You might want to talk to Paradox, he's written a Python script that will download ages from the ULM library.. Since it's python, you might be able to come up with some way to make it work in-game. (co-op the nexus like many have done, or have a "ULM Library" age that contains the books/links in the ULM library and downloads them when a link is chosen)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Previous

Return to Uru Library Manager