ULM; Help!

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

Re: ULM; Help!

Postby Aloys » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Trylon wrote:The error message seems to indicate a parse error in either an .age file or a downloaded descriptive file.

Could it be the .age file of his new Age that could cause the bug?

Justintime: Try to remove the files from your last Age from the /Dat folder and see if ULM works.
Aloys

Postby Trylon » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:01 pm

That's the only alternative left....

Perhaps it's a problem with the sequence prefix, which is the only thing out of the .age file ULM reads (just to determine if it's a cyan file or not - it ignores them if they are)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:20 pm

Ya, I'm cirtain it was my new age... I reinstalled URU, and ULM worked, and when I try to export my new age again, it did the same think... do u think one of u could look at the age, and figure out wat went wrong? cuz it was my very first age that actually looked somewhat like one... and i added a reely cool stone hut. it worked fine until I added a third part of the age; the stone hut... why did that cause trouble? http://www.mediafire.com/?ex3omdrdzzv
Justintime9

Postby Justintime9 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:20 pm

Ya, I'm cirtain it was my new age... I reinstalled URU, and ULM worked, and when I try to export my new age again, it did the same think... do u think one of u could look at the age, and figure out wat went wrong? cuz it was my very first age that actually looked somewhat like one... and i added a reely cool stone hut. it worked fine until I added a third part of the age; the stone hut... why did that cause trouble? http://www.mediafire.com/?ex3omdrdzzv
Justintime9

Postby Aloys » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:49 pm

SequencePrefix:7773838383

That might be the issue...
You need to put in a specific number that you need to have registered first. (especially if you plan to release this Age publicly at some point.). Have a look at this page. (read the 'Sequence Prefix' part carefully.)
Aloys

Postby Trylon » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:09 pm

yeah, this one is clearly above 32 bits - around 4 billion is the max, and this one is 7 billion
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Justintime9 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:02 am

ah! so it's the sequence prefix for sure? i didn't know there was a maximum or minimum or sequence Prefixes :P o well, u learn something new everyday

Edit: ok, it works perfectly now! thx, that was the problem :)
Justintime9

Previous

Return to Uru Library Manager