ULM questions and problems

Announcements and discussion regarding Trylon's Uru Library Manager

ULM questions and problems

Postby Marten » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:16 pm

This seems to be the place to ask questions about ULM, so here are my questions.

1) Does anyone know what causes ULM's interface to shrink down and become... well, so painful to use? At startup, after it's finished checking for updates, the "windows" always resize and I get this:

I suspect it may be related to using 120DPI fonts instead of 96DPI fonts. I'm hoping that this bug is fixed in the next version; the application needs to be made independent of this setting.

2) Why is "andyoffice2" listed if no mirrors are available? :?

3) The downloads for "Vaiskor Area Two", "Niveerah", and "Pre_Swaltu0" are broken. On another forum, I saw that Trylon had said something about "fixing this after returning from Europe"... some 4 or 5 months ago. 8-) The problems with these are:
* vas2.sdl is missing
* Error with Niveerah.jpg
* Cannot download many of the Pre_Swaltu0_District*.php files, the only mirror doesn't seem to work very well. ULM reports: "An unexpected error occurred on a receive."

4) When ULM is trying to download an Age such as Pre_Swaltu0, I cannot close the application. It says, "You cannot close the application while a download is busy... Cancel the download first." Except... there's no obvious way to cancel a download. :x

Thanks!
Member of Guild of Messengers - Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.
Rel.to - Your Link to All Things D'ni
Marten

Re: ULM questions and problems

Postby Jennifer_P » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:10 pm

Do you mean that for the Ages with problems you can't cancel the download, or is this for all Ages too? Normally I see a X Cancel button at the bottom of my screen when I'm downloading... Huh.
Jennifer_P

Postby andylegate » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:30 pm

Marten,

I apologize but just yesterday, Mustard Jeep had to shut down my mirror to my Age as he is getting his bandwidth ready for something. I hope to have it back up by the 1st of Jan, or sooner.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Marten » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:33 pm

Jennifer_P,
That's good to know! I guess the X may be missing for the same reason that the little windows for Ages are so tiny.

Andy,
Thanks for the response! If there is a way I can get a copy of the Age in the meantime, I'd appreciate it. :)
Member of Guild of Messengers - Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.
Marten

Postby andylegate » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:44 pm

I believe Mustard Jeep was going to publish a bittorrent for it some time tonight. I'll check, but might not beable to get back to you until sometime tomorrow.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Trylon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:53 am

Huh?
Those windows should never resize.....
(I should know, I programmed the bloody thing)

What version of windows are you running?
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Chacal » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:29 pm

The resizing one. :P
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Marten » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:22 pm

Trylon,

XP Professional.

I think it's related to the fonts. I've got "Large fonts" enabled because it's the only way I can read things at 1600x1200. 8-)

To change font size: Select Display Properties->Settings->Advanced, and on the "General" tab, select:
DPI Setting: Large size (120 DPI).

You'll have to restart Windows. (Use the same instructions to change things back to 96DPI.)

Thanks for looking into this! I would be very happy to see this resolved.
Marten

Postby Paradox » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:02 pm

Ideally for every control (but more specifically for those two listViews), set the property:
Code: Select all
this.<controlname>.AutoScaleMode = AutoScaleMode.Dpi; //Makes the control scale based on DPI instead of None or Font

You could also set it on the form and set AutoScaleMode.Inherit on all controls.
Paradox

Return to Uru Library Manager