Explorer Restoration Center

Museum Age for Explorer Created work

Moderator: ERC Age Team

Re: Explorer Restoration Center

Postby Ruvinka » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:43 am

Monkeyboy! WOw those are awesome thanks so much!
I think the second one down from the top is exactly what I was trying to get across in the overview.
Imagine the overlook and the overlook that has the smaller statues right up near that edge at the top of that valley where the cliff face juts out.

I think of the cliff that the ERC sits on as being halfway down into the valley so that the jungly forest rises up around the back of the building, but the peninsula shape of the rest of the area is open to such amazing views as we can dream up.
Thanks again Monkeyboy... totaly awesome!
Ruvinka

Postby Jennifer_P » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:03 am

I am working on a similar idea for Ahra Pahts, a large contemporary gallery/museum that will be partially submerged under water ...you can never have to many galleries.

That's for sure! :)
But when your done I would like to submit my Laki' ahn warrior mask I started a few months ago for your age, I am hoping you will reserve some space for me.

And we'd love to have it...I'm a bit worried though, about whether Cyan would let us use artwork from Myst III, IV, and V. It says on their legal page that those are not Cyan products. There's also the question of whether or not Gametap owns the rights to the new MO:UL content.

That language is quite complicated with many social rules and structures. I've only now begun to make much sense of it :roll:

Hmm, interesting; I do recall that they had different variations of the language based on gender, age, and social standing. Japanese is a cool language. :)

Wow, those pictures are absolutely breathtaking MB! I did notice, too, that the one I really like (top one with the myst) and the rainbow one you liked were practically identical as regards vegetation--they just had two different moods. What I liked about the misty choice was the contrast between the whiteness of the fog and the darkness of the trees which revealed the trees' shapes. The rainbow was lovely too though... Decisions, decisions! And I agree with Ruvinka about the shape of #2; I just like a deeper valley overlook like that better than a shallower, closer viewing angle. One thing though, we should all put our pictures into spoiler captions. (Otherwise the thread jerks whenever a picture loads and you have to keep scrolling down to read the newest post or else stop the page from loading.)
Jennifer_P

Postby Monkeyboy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:50 am

and the rainbow one you liked ...

Actually I placed the dialog in the wrong place, I liked the one below it. The one overlooking the water and out to another island. Something like that always gets me curious and wondering what it's like on the other island. But that's not to say we couldn't have a valley on one side that extends into a bay and looking out over an archipelago, though that might be too similar to Ahnot. um...never mind :roll:
Monkeyboy

Postby Jennifer_P » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:37 pm

The one overlooking the water and out to another island. Something like that always gets me curious and wondering what it's like on the other island. But that's not to say we couldn't have a valley on one side that extends into a bay and looking out over an archipelago, though that might be too similar to Ahnot. um...never mind

Well, assuming we can't get a Fan Age License for alt. Ahnot (I haven't tried yet, we'll have to see), having islands like these to explore would open up similar live story possibilities to the ones we were discussing for Ahnot earlier. And yeah, I also feel the lure of seeing a far off island or landmark and wanting to go there... Maybe we could save that idea for an add-on once we finish the RC area. :)
Jennifer_P

Postby Atheni33 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:55 pm

And we'd love to have it...I'm a bit worried though, about whether Cyan would let us use artwork from Myst III, IV, and V. It says on their legal page that those are not Cyan products. There's also the question of whether or not Gametap owns the rights to the new MO:UL content.

You know I was wondering about that as well. :? I could.. 'reclaim' the mask idea for a fan made age. I also suspect the 3D renderings will not look exactly like sketches I sent Kingsley, regardless I just hope Cyan can get back the rights to MOUL content.
Atheni33

Postby Jennifer_P » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:25 am

I could.. 'reclaim' the mask idea for a fan made age.

That would probably work. ;)
...I just hope Cyan can get back the rights to MOUL content.

Same here!

On the subject of having an ocean beyond the jungle valley--I don't think we can have both mist and ocean; it somehow seems like the two ideas would conflict in terms of atmosphere? So unless someone thinks otherwise, we're going to need to pick out which one we would prefer (and I don't really have an opinion either way). Also, I might mention the possibility of a wandering river in the valley; might be as good as an ocean with islands?

I drew up a design for a largish shrub during my breaks at work today, but I want to color it in before I post it.
And about a Japanese influence on the exterior of the ERC...Yes? No? Maybe so? Feeeedback...
Jennifer_P

Postby Atheni33 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:27 am

And about a Japanese influence on the exterior of the ERC...Yes? No? Maybe so? Feeeedback...

I would say yes! But It's not my project. :lol: I had an idea of a Japanese type garden age and during my research I found this site on ancient Japanese tea gardens they are beautiful. http://learn.bowdoin.edu/japanesegarden ... index.html. Something Like Jakko-in would be wonderful. :)
Atheni33

Postby Ruvinka » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:16 am

Check out this mist covered valley!
Show Spoiler

I particularly enjoy the repeating contours of the hills. It would be a way to have a unique landscape that wasn't totaly alien.
We could do the whole cleared area for the ERC this way perhaps. The wedges cut out would be deeper to allow for the larger structures. With that layout the explorer would have to walk forward to see the next part.
Just throwing the idea to see how sticky it is :)
Ruvinka

Postby Jennifer_P » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Well Atheni, feel free to join in--the more the merrier! :D And I just loooove Japanese gardens too; some of the books I've looked at have just gorgeous pictures (not to mention the ones Ruvinka already posted).

Those milky white clouds floating on the bottom of the valley are lovely, but aren't those contours terraces used for farming purposes? Having one terrace cleared out for the ERC space I could see, but what would we need the others for? Lower sets of buildings?
Jennifer_P

Postby Atheni33 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:30 pm

I love that photo!

Having one terrace cleared out for the ERC space I could see, but what would we need the others for? Lower sets of buildings?

You could use them as hanging gardens with a gazebo type structure here and there like Delin. The gardens could be a good way to display exotic flora explorers have found on their travels. Hey..maybe the Zoological Society could help with that! :)
Atheni33

PreviousNext

Return to ERC Age