Jungle Color for the ERC Age?

Museum Age for Explorer Created work

Moderator: ERC Age Team

Re: Jungle Color for the ERC Age?

Postby Ruvinka » Thu May 01, 2008 10:10 am

oooh! something to read durring my lunch break!
Awesome... thanks Jennifer and Chacal :D
Ruvinka

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Finished the final version at last.
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2394/ercfinaliiuc7.jpg

So then, we can get on with the vote. Are there any final color design comments or arguments that need to be voiced before vote begins? :)

And this is going to be the last piece of artwork I post for about the next week or so--going to be reeeaaaal busy.
Jennifer_P

Postby Ruvinka » Sat May 03, 2008 7:32 am

That is really lovely Jennifer.
It is clear to see how hard you worked on it and the attention to detail you employed.
Personally I love the left ( more red ) side. For our purposes I think the right side might be better however. The strong reds are really compelling but I think that so much of it will distract viewers of the art and the landscape around the ERC from the beauty that has been cultivated for them.

I really like the idea that the hardwoods are purple in hues... like Vagwen's idea for the wall colours of the ERC.

Are we going to put up a poll? Or just give our opinion?

:D
Ruvinka

Postby Jojon » Sat May 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Maybe making the main building of the type that is half dug into the hillside would make it somewhat inconspictious depite its size?
Jojon

Postby Jennifer_P » Sun May 04, 2008 11:10 am

Maybe making the main building of the type that is half dug into the hillside would make it somewhat inconspictious depite its size?

That could work. If we end up with a building that this could work with, it would be a good option. I don't think it would turn out well to have a big edifice that can be seen from anywhere in the gardens or jungle. /shrug

Personally I love the left ( more red ) side. For our purposes I think the right side might be better however. The strong reds are really compelling but I think that so much of it will distract viewers of the art and the landscape around the ERC from the beauty that has been cultivated for them.

Eh, I figure I'd rather view art in an Eder Delin with its weird red sky than in an Eder Tsogahl, which is an earth equivalent. It's not like having an art gallery in a jungle is all that undistracting either.

I really like the idea that the hardwoods are purple in hues... like Vagwen's idea for the wall colours of the ERC.

I've been wondering actually; what's a hardwood in this context?

Are we going to put up a poll? Or just give our opinion?

There will be a poll (well, sort of; there won't be a "fill in the bubble" poll, it'll be one of those where you just post your choice). I'm just putting this off because I haven't been wanting to spend the time it would take to sift through these 9 pages to find everyone's color suggestions...
Jennifer_P

Postby Jennifer_P » Tue May 06, 2008 9:03 am

Two hours of sleep tonight and another final tomorrow, ugh...But Wednesday night I will (really!) get this done! Sorry for the delay here. :(
Jennifer_P

Postby Jennifer_P » Thu May 08, 2008 8:03 am

But Wednesday night I will (really!) get this done!

Unless, of course, I end up taking a 12 hour nap and waking up on Thursday morning. :roll:
Jennifer_P

Previous

Return to ERC Age