ERC Jungle Color Vote

Museum Age for Explorer Created work

Moderator: ERC Age Team

ERC Jungle Color Vote

Postby Jennifer_P » Thu May 08, 2008 8:04 am

This is the vote on the color choice to be used for the jungle for the ERC Age. Please vote by selecting one of the numbers 1-6. The voting will be tiered if there is no clear majority (for example, if there is only a 4-5 vote difference between the two top choices and many votes are scattered among the other choices), in which case a second vote will be done offering only the two top choices. Please note that this vote is for jungle color only, not for the shapes and types of trees, the composition of the picture, or the configuration of the valley.

1. A very pale green and sprinkled in some true reds, brick reds, tangerine oranges, pale yellows. The hardwoods could be a purple hue.

2. Normal earth colors: blue sky, green trees.
Show Spoiler

3. Green and purplish-pink with touches of yellow.
Show Spoiler

From the picture below, there are 3 color schemes available for choices:
4. Right, green-blue-yellow foliage. Please note that the sky would be changed from green (probably to blue) if this color scheme was chosen.
5. Center, green-blue-orange-red. Sky would probably be retained green.
6. Left, red-orange-green-blue. Sky would be retained green.
Show Spoiler

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2394/ercfinaliiuc7.jpg
Last edited by Jennifer_P on Thu May 08, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jennifer_P

Re: ERC Jungle Color Vote

Postby Jennifer_P » Thu May 08, 2008 9:09 am

#6 for me then...as if you guys didn't already know which one I'd pick. ;)
Jennifer_P

Postby robbieagray » Thu May 08, 2008 9:39 am

I'm going to vote for the number #6.
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby Ruvinka » Thu May 08, 2008 10:26 am

I am voting for 6 also.

My original idea was the first option on that list. Spending some time to really look at Jennifer's panorama I think that choice number 6 is better. It has the same colours but with different ratios.

I love the predominate reds...very attractive and lively.
Ruvinka

Postby Tinuviel » Thu May 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Argh! I can't see the last picture. But from the description: nr 6:-)
«Borders? I have never seen one, but I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.»
(Thor Heyerdahl)
Tinuviel

Postby Jojon » Thu May 08, 2008 12:42 pm

You lot can't fail, no matter what you do, so I abstain, if I had a vote in the first place. :) (Besides, I'm colour-blind, heh. :D)
Jojon

Postby robbieagray » Fri May 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Ha i was wondering if you would like to use my gecko people in this age.

see pictures below:
Attachments
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg (250.49 KiB) Viewed 5840 times
Gecko people scan.jpg
Gecko people scan.jpg (113.81 KiB) Viewed 5838 times
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri May 09, 2008 11:36 pm

Hm, I can't think of a use for them at the moment, robbieagray, although they are cool-looking. :) My sister says she likes the three fingers on their hands. But we just don't have any native civilizations, at least not that we've discovered so far.

Argh! I can't see the last picture. But from the description: nr 6:-)

Hum! Rils says he has that problem too; I tried putting a URL directly to the picture in there at the bottom, could you give that a try and see if it works?

You lot can't fail, no matter what you do, so I abstain, if I had a vote in the first place. :) (Besides, I'm colour-blind, heh. :D)

Of course you have a vote! :) Heh, I even reposted this poll over at MO:UL and the DZS to get their opinions. And I'm not bothered by whether or not you're colour-blind either; I was actually just looking at this color scheme generator and wondering what the Age would look like for the various types of vision listed: http://www.wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html That's a very interesting tool, this color scheme picker.
Last edited by Jennifer_P on Sat May 10, 2008 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jennifer_P

Postby Jojon » Sat May 10, 2008 3:47 am

Jennifer_P wrote:http://www.wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html That's a very interesting tool, this color scheme picker.

Indeed it is!

I have been doing quite a bit of experimenting with increasing red/green contrast in images, to see what those less limited people see, but that looks rather gaudy, compared to what one has gotten used to and it still doesn't help me read those dot number cards. :P It doesn't help, of course, that a monitor has one fixed hue for each colour component, since it's really these two red and green frequencies i'd need to move further apart and not their intensity proportions... :/
Jojon

Postby Monkeyboy » Sat May 10, 2008 6:58 am

I suppose you all probably already know my vote: as pretty as the left side is (6) I'm afraid it would be too sharp when the whole Age is set up in the red, so I'll have to pick the right side #4, though I suppose we could debate the color of the sky, if this color scheme is chosen.
Monkeyboy

Next

Return to ERC Age