Moderator: ERC Age Team

Re: ERC Jungle Color Vote

Postby Ruvinka » Sat May 10, 2008 7:58 am

Ooooh that colour picker site is FUN!
thanks Jennifer
Ruvinka

Postby Lade'e » Sat May 10, 2008 1:14 pm

I tend to like Visibone's ColorLab for selecting colors ... lots of choices, and it gives you hex, CMYK, RGB color codes, too.

Lade'e
Lade'e

Postby pappou » Sat May 10, 2008 1:50 pm

Thanks, Lade'e, for the Visibone address.
Quickly saw what i perceive (on my newish monitor) to be a true Blue. That is a bit difficult to come by.
But what do you think of the reds? The true red (255 on RGB & FF0000) seemed to be tainted with blue? The reds seem weak in general on that color wheel.

But then, i have never really understood the various coordinating systems. (But then again, I don't have to understand those systems to hate printer's colors. BLAH)
pappou
pappou

Postby Lade'e » Sun May 11, 2008 2:06 am

pappou wrote:Thanks, Lade'e, for the Visibone address.
Quickly saw what i perceive (on my newish monitor) to be a true Blue. That is a bit difficult to come by.
But what do you think of the reds? The true red (255 on RGB & FF0000) seemed to be tainted with blue? The reds seem weak in general on that color wheel.

Hmm ... not to my eyes, on my monitor. But, then again ... my monitor could be tweeked.

pappou wrote:But then, i have never really understood the various coordinating systems. (But then again, I don't have to understand those systems to hate printer's colors. BLAH)

Heh. I can totally relate to that, especially considering that screen/monitor colors have little relationship to printer colors, though they've got some good conversions in programs to adapt for the difference between ink colors (CMYK) and colors based on light emission. (It's been known to be a graphic designer's nightmare ... you design something that looks great on screen and it prints out ... WRONG. Tho, again, it's better than it used to be, now that so many print houses are using digital printers.)
Lade'e

Postby Jennifer_P » Tue May 13, 2008 1:38 am

Heh. I can totally relate to that, especially considering that screen/monitor colors have little relationship to printer colors, though they've got some good conversions in programs to adapt for the difference between ink colors (CMYK) and colors based on light emission. (It's been known to be a graphic designer's nightmare ... you design something that looks great on screen and it prints out ... WRONG. Tho, again, it's better than it used to be, now that so many print houses are using digital printers.)

And if it's not the printing it out that messes up the colors, it's the scanning it in. :roll: And that Visibone is pretty interesting...

Well, if you guys want to see how the voting on MO:UL's been going, you can take a look here: http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15574 Lade'e, your color scheme is getting a lot of attention. You should vote for it here and see if you can get to win. :D No reason you can't vote for your own stuff (I did, heh!).

So, any final votes...?
Jennifer_P

Postby Lade'e » Tue May 13, 2008 1:55 am

Jennifer_P wrote:And if it's not the printing it out that messes up the colors, it's the scanning it in. :roll: And that Visibone is pretty interesting...

yah .... I especially like that you can see how the selected colors look *on* each other.
Jennifer_P wrote:Well, if you guys want to see how the voting on MO:UL's been going, you can take a look here: http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15574 Lade'e, your color scheme is getting a lot of attention. You should vote for it here and see if you can get to win. :D No reason you can't vote for your own stuff (I did, heh!).

So, any final votes...?

Yup ... count me in for the purple schema. I do like it a lot :)
Lade'e

Postby ametist » Thu May 15, 2008 12:16 am

Ooops, I'm late in for this voting - just want to say I prefer the 4. and 5. option in your (Jennifer) picture. To much reddish will make me feel 'attacked' I think, if the whole age is like in 6. Thanks! :)
ametist

Postby Jennifer_P » Thu May 15, 2008 1:06 am

Hey, no problem. So then, do you like 4 or 5 better...? :)
Jennifer_P

Postby Aloys » Thu May 15, 2008 6:29 am

I would go with number 5.
I really like the green/purple theme, but somehow I think it doesn't fit this Age too well. It looks too peacefull, something a little more lively would fit better IMO. (also it reminds me of Teldrasil in WoW :oops: ) BTW that painting is really beautiful, do you know who did it?
I really like the red theme, but I understand what Ametist says, for some people too much red can be a little agressive. So something in-between like theme 5 sounds like a good balance to me.
Aloys

Postby ametist » Thu May 15, 2008 9:37 am

Aloys wrote: So something in-between like theme 5 sounds like a good balance to me.

Second that! /salute
ametist

PreviousNext

Return to ERC Age