Area D (Island) Description!

Museum Age for Explorer Created work

Moderator: ERC Age Team

Re: Area D (Island) Description!

Postby Jennifer_P » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 pm

Ooooh, I love the name "lagoon crawler!" How about a name for the other type of mangrove tree with the stairstep roots?

Whatever anyone needs help with just let me know. I work better if you guys give me tasks or specific questions to work on. Mostly because I am so busy and I have so many things to do that having tasks helps me get going on a project when I have lots on my plate. But when I get going then I can really get moving!

Alright, can do... Hmm...Can you come up with a design for the violet flowers that grow on lagoon crawlers? I've been wracking my brains trying to come up with a good design, but I'm hitting a wall here! :|
Jennifer_P

Postby Lanen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:48 pm

Something sort of like this
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/subjects/lit/images/purphib.jpg
or this
http://www.kenmalgren.com/Fla_12.JPG

Maybe they would bloom right from the trunk and not the leaves? Or stick out on their own little fronds right from the top like the leaves?
Lanen

Postby Jennifer_P » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:48 am

How about if we go for the first one? (The second one make me think of Negilahn too much.)

Maybe they would bloom right from the trunk and not the leaves? Or stick out on their own little fronds right from the top like the leaves?

I kinda like the trunk option, I suppose. :) What do you think?

And yikes, do you guys realize that it's been eight months since we started this Age? Time flies! :)
Jennifer_P

Postby Jojon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:20 pm

How about right out of and partway *around* the trunk? Rather large things, like theatre balconies (not balcony sized :P - just the shape; originally a round flower, deformed to "wrap" onto the tree, with transformational imperfections [think heads on flat fish]), with carpels and stamen (..which might be placed elsewhere) as little spectators where petals meet trunk.
Jojon

Postby Ruvinka » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:54 pm

I think Jojon's expansion on Lanen's flower sounds great!
It'll be good to have a little bit of theatre before the explorer's eyes get to the pavillion.
The trees themselves create a semi enclosed feeling (like the arch around a great hall's stage ) the flowers would give a feeling of like you say balconies or maybe even ( if placed right) a sort of curtian before the unveiling.
Ruvinka

Postby Jennifer_P » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:59 pm

It sounds interesting, but I'm having a bit of trouble picturing it clearly...Do you think you might throw together a rough sketch or model just to illustrate the spatial relationships? It doesn't have to be pretty or anything, just something quick, because I'm not sure if I'm on the same page with you.
Jennifer_P

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:33 am

Lanen, would you like to start a description of another area? :) It looks like we're getting into the concept art stage for the lagoon crawler swamp, and I'd like to see the rest of the Age map filled in!
Jennifer_P

Postby Lanen » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:51 pm

Sure! I'll pick another section and get to work!
Lanen

Postby Jennifer_P » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:51 pm

How's it going, Lanen?
Jennifer_P

Postby Lanen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:15 pm

Oh jeepers! I have been so busy I havn't had much time to work on anything! BUT I hope to get some work in tonight on a description so stay tuned!
Lanen

Previous

Return to ERC Age