"Mangrove" Trees

Museum Age for Explorer Created work

Moderator: ERC Age Team

Re: "Mangrove" Trees

Postby Jennifer_P » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:58 am

ardent red, I would have posted that pic of the improved sea monster fractal roots, but unfortunately my digital camera is in hiding so all I've been able to post is the pictures which I had already loaded. Hopefully it will turn up soon... :|
Jennifer_P

Postby Jennifer_P » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:26 am

Happy day, the camera has been found! I should be able to upload the pictures on Saturday. :)
Jennifer_P

Postby Jennifer_P » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:23 am

Here are the improved fractal roots, nice and photoshopped for once! :P

Questions:
1. Do you guys like that leaf shape?
2. Do you like the moss hanging off of the roots?
Jennifer_P

Postby Raider7 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:13 am

Very well done Jennifer. I do like the leaf shape. The moss is a nice addition. Great work done.
Raider7

Postby Raider7 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:13 am

Very well done Jennifer. I do like the leaf shape. The moss is a nice addition. Great work done.
Raider7

Postby Jennifer_P » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:22 am

Okay, one person likes the moss...Anyone else?
Jennifer_P

Postby Grogyan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:14 pm

I like the leaf shape too, as too the ones on the previous page.

I can't visualise the detail in the moss in the picture.

Why not have hanging moss or will that deter from the ambience of the Age?

Ps, whats happening with the Ages of Ilathid?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Jennifer_P » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:35 pm

Hehe, the moss is actually hanging...It's those little squiggly lines that dangle down from the roots. :)

Okay, since there are at least no *objections*, let's go for this leaf shape then.

Right now Paulo is loading all the backed up game files to our server so that we will all be able to access them again (we're at 579 MB and counting!). From there, we need to organize them by the Age they belong to and by the type of file they contain (model, render, drawing, writing, animation, code, texture, etc). We also need to repost the pictures on the forums and restore the links to the animations and whatnot, which will take approximately forever (I'm planning on doing it over my Christmas break). Once that's done though, we should be ready to go, and I'm going to go off to gamedev.net to hire a new team to replace everyone who left during the project's dormant phase. That's something I'm really looking forward to. :)
Jennifer_P

Postby Grogyan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:07 am

Jennifer_P wrote:Hehe, the moss is actually hanging...It's those little squiggly lines that dangle down from the roots. :)

Okay, since there are at least no *objections*, let's go for this leaf shape then.

. . . Once that's done though, we should be ready to go, and I'm going to go off to gamedev.net to hire a new team to replace everyone who left during the project's dormant phase. That's something I'm really looking forward to. :)

Oh yeah GameDev.net is a great place to visit, I wonder why I don't visit there anymore, ah well time to add it to my history, they have info there that can help me too.

Did ya want to put in a prerequisite that they need to know Blender, and make the game from scratch with Blender's fresh new Game Engine?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Jennifer_P » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:16 am

Oh yeah GameDev.net is a great place to visit, I wonder why I don't visit there anymore, ah well time to add it to my history, they have info there that can help me too.

Yeah, I visit there regularly looking for Python programmers; it is a good place to learn about game development. :)

Did ya want to put in a prerequisite that they need to know Blender, and make the game from scratch with Blender's fresh new Game Engine?

lol, it's a thought. :) I think we'd better finish Myst before we make realMyst though. :D (I am going to be trying to make the demo playable on Uru:CC when/if I get those .3ds files back from Patrick though...Hope he has them on his computer somewhere)
Jennifer_P

PreviousNext

Return to ERC Age