It contains three folders:
- dat: put these files in your URU's dat folder
- Python: put the PAK file in your URU's Python folder
- SDL: put the SDL file in your URU's SDL folder
Then add a book to your bookshelf (using ULM, UAM, or other means) and check it out for yourself.
[EDIT 9/6/09] Uploaded v1. Comments below are for v0.
[EDIT 9/13/09] Uploaded v2 - featuring Ametist's plants and lamps!
[EDIT 10/18/09] Uploaded v3 - "Stair to the Moon" bridge added by Jojon and plant signs added by Ametist!
[EDIT 11/8/09] Uploaded v4 - River fish, tornado lanterns, snapper plant and giant tree added by Corvus!
[EDIT 11/15/09] Uploaded v5 - Water sounds and a better-looking ocean, plus fixes for those experiencing issues
[EDIT 11/29/09] Uploaded v6 - Flowerbeds, giant tree sign and a Beijing-style toolshed added by Ametist!
[EDIT 3/29/11] Uploaded v7 - Railing fixes to the lift, and a new inhabitant added by Ametist!
[NOTE: The comments below were from the original post, back when version 0 was posted. They are kept for historical purposes. For the latest info on this age, look at the latest post.]
I'd like some feedback on the age, to see how it compares with your collective visions of the place. Since there isn't much to look at currently, I'm just looking for your comments on the following features:
- Terrain size: too big? too small?
- Hills: too tall? too flat?
- Paths: does it go where it is supposed to?
- Lakes: Are they the right size and in the right place?
- Layout: does it match the map? Are the buildings in the right place?
- Colors: is this the right color scheme?
Here are the known issues for the age - so that you don't need to repeat them to me :
- Textures are just stand in. Feel free to provide substitutes!
- NO WATER. Rivers and lakes are dry. No waterfalls, and no endless ocean.
- No foliage, flora or fauna.
- Buildings are just gray featureless blocks - placed to indicate the location and relative size.
- No bridges.
- Walking east or west beyond the rivers will cause you to fall through.
- Hilly terrain on east/west boundaries needs a lot of work - not currently textured.
- No sounds.
Hopefully, the next version will fix most of the above issues, plus whatever you all point out to me. In addition - if you have any artwork that you'd like to incorporate, post a link to it below, or place it in the ERC box.net account. I do plan on adding the two completed bridge models in the next release.