Proposed GUILD & Non-GUILD GROUP System

Proposed GUILD & Non-GUILD GROUP System

Postby Jahmen » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:16 pm

Nalates Wrote:
What if we expend that kind of effort and no one uses the system to learn age building?

Your question had me realize that the "System" I was suggesting didn’t come across clearly in my first Post presentation as to all it should do. :oops: I did a rush post foolishly. :oops: While I believe Age building to be at the center of Open Source Uru Game success. It is not the heart of the Uru Community that has sustained its resurrections. The System is to create a means to direct explorers interested in contributing to Open Source by providing the direction to places and tasks that fit their talents and abilities, not wasting the explorer resource.
The System design was to incorporate all explorers potential abilities beyond just Age building.
The benefits to all who build and maintain their part of the system would come from acquiring explorers and their skills to fit the many tasks and positions within each group. The System was to be multi-tasked with explorer volunteer placement program and learning. As Guild and non-guild groups grow, so does the need for explorers to fill tasks created from growth.

Objectives: Dr.Watsons Speech.
The Guilds provided stability and structure for the D'ni culture, which allowed their civilization to thrive for tens of thousands of years. The problem with the Guilds in D'ni history is the same thing that's the problem here in the Cavern today: people. More specifically: our Pride. The very
lesson that Yeesha has repeatedly attempted to teach us.

Guilds and non-guild groups should provide stability and structure for Open Source Uru - Explorer Community to build Ages and better supported Guild & non-guild groups system for recruiting explorers talents. I conjecture that the D’ni Guilds developed a interdependent system that required them to communicate collectively, constantly, daily to an over-all Guilds "group" task project.
I am not saying the MOUL guilds don’t work together, but that they might improve on it.
Perhaps a stronger common thread of over-all interest to engage everyone interest collectively enough in a way the requires them to be in constant communication on a project.
I suggest that Guilds and non-Guilds, who want to be a part of the Uru Community collective for building Ages and the betterment of the guild and non-guild abilities, we all look beyond pride “individual interests”and come together with a common interest project.

A Uru Community Project with MOUL Guild and NON Guild groups coming together.
All work together to create a “System” that would help grow all of the uru community collectively. A System that would allow each to improve their strengths and explorers resources. A System that influence how Open Source Uru grows by allowing individual explorer choices to shape it collectively. I always saw the MOUL Guilds and others working within the same System to provide places for the tools to be kept and used by explorers to make and do things with. Places explorers can meet and learn together, helping to teach other explorers who follow in their foot steps to learn. It has been said the best way to learn is to teach.
Jahmen

Re: Master Guild Webpage?

Postby Jahmen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:06 am

I have been reading and learning about webpages and HTML, XHTML & CSS. While it is not rocket science, it is time consuming to learn and even more so to apply. I am hoping by the time I get through these books I will have a great enough understanding of it to then HIRE and direct some professionals to help me put it all together. Not unlike my Planet Dragonia Age, I certainly have a nack for getting into and undertaking huge projects. The only good news to it all might be that by the time I get it all done the Open Source code will finally be relaeased! :lol: Creating a Master Guild System from scratch is no small task. I have written out the over-all premise and now need to work out the details for how the system basics will work between the 5 main guilds and minor guilds. The referal system will be the heart of it all and those that will man and manage it. The KEY is defining the guilds rolls and tasks and set limits and bounadries between them to eliminate the competition that creates repetition of tasks and wastes our main resource, explorers who want to do. I also have managed to strike a better balance of tasks between all the Guilds where none mean much as the whole of them working together within the systems does. What I have so far seems real promising and I am very excited about it. I know many are against having set parameters and bounadires, rules and what not. I believe a system that is well defined and easy to navigate your way through and get to and find the places of interest for explorers to make their nitch in will grow.
Jahmen

Return to Jahmen's Journal