Guild System of In-Game New Games Content

Re: Guild System of In-Game New Games Content

Postby Jahmen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:34 am

Thanx Nalates,

As usual, your post is insightful and on target and more importantly, positive.
It provides suggestions and examples for me and points to the better ways with which I could have and might have better gone about it all.

I see once again that I have shot myself and my project in the head by how I bungled its introduction, promotion and most importantly, the overly ambitious nature with which it was about. Later when I realized the scope of what I had done, I hoped for it to be allowed by the Cyan King. 8-)

In hind sight I tried to accomplish too much to fast in to short a span of time with out a clue to the protocols to be followed.
What I believe hurts the proposed project most and you pointed to, but I don’t agree with at all. The gross misconception most explorers in the cavern have about the Marker Quest & Jalak games being of limited content value to support a Guild System Project to IC explorer roles. Something I had been working hard to correct and educate the general public through demonstration by providing a diverse number of Marker Quest & Jalak games that combined the use of marker quest text markers using my stated range of game categories to styles some I listed in the locked Myst Online thread post. This link to another post I made offering additional information to support what I’m saying. http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20214

I was attempting to address what I saw as an MOUL, again In-Game IC Guild Pubs creation by Cyan void to the game and its inability to grow along natural lines of progression in accord with the games D’ni cultural themes. The Guild Pubs introduced by Cyan at the end of MOUL, never had assigned in-game IC roles defined by the Cyan King. Cyan King reference is to the IC Guild D’ni history told to explorers of the social, cultural and political ruling class structure related to the King and the Guilds. In our case here, Cyan is the controlling in-game IC King who decides who, how and what is done by the IC 5 major guilds according the licensing agreement all have signed to abide by. This being something pointed out to me.

I was trying to get the in-game IC Guild Pubs and their Bevins functioning in MOUL, again by setting up a Guilds System with which explorers could play out roles and tasks appropriate to each Guilds name connotation obviously reflected in the D’ni histories written of each. I felt the Guild of Game’s Bevin could be but a beginning theme cog to the 5 major guilds eventually bigger Guilds System role of in-game IC play that would eventually grow out of it all. The intent was to make use of the official 5 major guilds natural in-game IC roles to attract explorer players as resources around and into my proposed Guilds of New Games Content Project theme. The Games theme was to provide the topic theme subject matter for the simple IC role tasks explorers would play within their Guilds. The use of the 5 official major guilds status was to be the catalyst necessary in building, establish and bring together my proposed IC Guild System. The major guilds official status being the means or glue for both to come together and help accomplish organizing the project to a more guaranteed outcome to success in a short amount of time. I felt it could bring more explorers together in-game and in cavern around a central small games theme in which to better anchor the explorers into the game. I envisioned within Ae'gura City public instance, small bands, groups or teams of explorers playing of the games or of those tasked guild explorers checking, testing and writing a game together. It all seemed a useful presence for the games growth by providing a flow of game entertaining public activities attendance. Perhaps the servers are not equipped to handle such a level or number of players playing yet? I'm guessing of course.

At this point I already know what you're thinking and yes what I had proposed to Cyan as a all or nothing proposal was nothing short of Insanity! I see where it might have been a bit presumptious and Insanely overly ambitious, but ya gotta love my effort for trying such a crazy bold Project! :roll:

Oh you guessed again!
Also in my insane ignorance, I started using the in-game Guild Pubs and created Bevins for them to promote my Guilds System game project with. I honestly hadn't considered them at the time as Cyans, but for any and all explorers belonging to them to do IC playing projects with. :? I really believed what I was doing was a good thing for everyone and since I saw nothing happening with any of the Guild Pubs imagers as to an activities or plans, well . . .
I was since informed that the Use of the official major guilds was a no no and it seemed to upset some players. :shock:
Posts to my being evil and such was the clue. :twisted: I quickly learned that my use of the official major guilds and creating Bevins for them and putting their use into motion into IC in-game roles at the time or any time wasn’t allowed.
Whether or not my Guilds System Project "Games Theme" Idea could or couldn't be made to possibly fit in within any future planned Cyan use for the major guilds in some smaller capacity went un-discussed, but not unaddressed. NO! The Cyan King has spoken NO IC Major Guilds use.

For me this meant that MOUL, again IC guilds were to limp along as they did at the end of MOUL, last from having no Cyan King defined in-game IC use to their Guild roles for explorer fans to play IC Guild tasks with. Something I am unable to wrap my head around as to why would Cyan do that? That, meaning why bother to created the Guild Pubs and history to them and never define how IC explorers should use them or allow them to be used. :x It makes me insane that they sit there with an undefined use and aren't allowed to be used? I mean, the Guild sites that evolved out of them purpose to creating new game content I get, but not to equally use them in-game for IC use seems such a wasted resource. :cry: And so I tried to get it into use. I didn't mean to offend any in my doing so or step on toes as I obviously did. And for that I am truely sorry. :oops:

So the issue came down to whether or not Cyan/ Guilds were ready to commit all of the Cyan Kings 5 Major Guilds into an in-game IC player project or not, at this time or any time. The answer I got was a resounding NO! And so I respected that decision and deleted as requested, those Guilds Bevin named avatars I had made. In my own mind I see no reason for me to stay with the MOUL, again game, since there is not to be any allowed Cyan approved ability for an in-game IC Guilds System to be developed. Given that Cyan never could decide to release or decide upon the in-game Guilds system IC status for use, I don't foresee anything changing with within the near future with regards to this. I pushed and broached the topic to the explorers and Cyan. None seem ready to deal with or move forward with what I see as the games necessary step to a progressively successful IC future. I feel it is one of several unattended to, unanswered MOUL topics by Cyan that really hurts the games ability to grow along natural progressive lines from players.

ONE PROBLEM: MOUL, again for me remains an undefined Cyan project to intent. Is MOUL, again MORE? Or a prelude to Open Source Uru? It isn’t clear, at least to me, is it part of the first step towards the promised Open Source Uru game i.e. licensed FCAL new age content with released tools and code or something else. This is in-part my own fault and short coming as time doesn’t allow for me to stay current with the games OC, OCC or IC ICC Guild happenings or progress and their relationship to Cyan and the other part being could anyone keep up with everything unless retired with the time and desire to.
P.S. In my haste to leave I have deleted all of my accounts avatars before thinking to transfer all of the games I had or explain that the Guild of Writer’s, Guild of Maintainer’s and Guild of Cartographer’s Bevins were not officially from or by Cyan and those who have joined them in believing this need to be told. Something I now can not go into the game and post or do. Perhaps those belonging to those Bevins can still post to their imagers what has happened. I am sorry for all the bad and confusion I have caused all. And so I will leave the game as part of my penance and leave MOUL alone. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Jahmen

Postby Jahmen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:34 am

Thanx Nalates,

As usual, your post is insightful and on target and more importantly, positive.
It provides suggestions and examples for me and points to the better ways with which I could have and might have better gone about it all.

I see once again that I have shot myself and my project in the head by how I bungled its introduction, promotion and most importantly, the overly ambitious nature with which it was about. Later when I realized the scope of what I had done, I hoped for it to be allowed by the Cyan King. 8-)

In hind sight I tried to accomplish too much to fast in to short a span of time with out a clue to the protocols to be followed.
What I believe hurts the proposed project most and you pointed to, but I don’t agree with at all. The gross misconception most explorers in the cavern have about the Marker Quest & Jalak games being of limited content value to support a Guild System Project to IC explorer roles. Something I had been working hard to correct and educate the general public through demonstration by providing a diverse number of Marker Quest & Jalak games that combined the use of marker quest text markers using my stated range of game categories to styles some I listed in the locked Myst Online thread post. This link to another post I made offering additional information to support what I’m saying. http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20214

I was attempting to address what I saw as an MOUL, again In-Game IC Guild Pubs creation by Cyan void to the game and its inability to grow along natural lines of progression in accord with the games D’ni cultural themes. The Guild Pubs introduced by Cyan at the end of MOUL, never had assigned in-game IC roles defined by the Cyan King. Cyan King reference is to the IC Guild D’ni history told to explorers of the social, cultural and political ruling class structure related to the King and the Guilds. In our case here, Cyan is the controlling in-game IC King who decides who, how and what is done by the IC 5 major guilds according the licensing agreement all have signed to abide by. This being something pointed out to me.

I was trying to get the in-game IC Guild Pubs and their Bevins functioning in MOUL, again by setting up a Guilds System with which explorers could play out roles and tasks appropriate to each Guilds name connotation obviously reflected in the D’ni histories written of each. I felt the Guild of Game’s Bevin could be but a beginning theme cog to the 5 major guilds eventually bigger Guilds System role of in-game IC play that would eventually grow out of it all. The intent was to make use of the official 5 major guilds natural in-game IC roles to attract explorer players as resources around and into my proposed Guilds of New Games Content Project theme. The Games theme was to provide the topic theme subject matter for the simple IC role tasks explorers would play within their Guilds. The use of the 5 official major guilds status was to be the catalyst necessary in building, establish and bring together my proposed IC Guild System. The major guilds official status being the means or glue for both to come together and help accomplish organizing the project to a more guaranteed outcome to success in a short amount of time. I felt it could bring more explorers together in-game and in cavern around a central small games theme in which to better anchor the explorers into the game. I envisioned within Ae'gura City public instance, small bands, groups or teams of explorers playing of the games or of those tasked guild explorers checking, testing and writing a game together. It all seemed a useful presence for the games growth by providing a flow of game entertaining public activities attendance. Perhaps the servers are not equipped to handle such a level or number of players playing yet? I'm guessing of course.

At this point I already know what you're thinking and yes what I had proposed to Cyan as a all or nothing proposal was nothing short of Insanity! I see where it might have been a bit presumptious and Insanely overly ambitious, but ya gotta love my effort for trying such a crazy bold Project! :roll:

Oh you guessed again!
Also in my insane ignorance, I started using the in-game Guild Pubs and created Bevins for them to promote my Guilds System game project with. I honestly hadn't considered them at the time as Cyans, but for any and all explorers belonging to them to do IC playing projects with. :? I really believed what I was doing was a good thing for everyone and since I saw nothing happening with any of the Guild Pubs imagers as to an activities or plans, well . . .
I was since informed that the Use of the official major guilds was a no no and it seemed to upset some players. :shock:
Posts to my being evil and such was the clue. :twisted: I quickly learned that my use of the official major guilds and creating Bevins for them and putting their use into motion into IC in-game roles at the time or any time wasn’t allowed.
Whether or not my Guilds System Project "Games Theme" Idea could or couldn't be made to possibly fit in within any future planned Cyan use for the major guilds in some smaller capacity went un-discussed, but not unaddressed. NO! The Cyan King has spoken NO IC Major Guilds use.

For me this meant that MOUL, again IC guilds were to limp along as they did at the end of MOUL, last from having no Cyan King defined in-game IC use to their Guild roles for explorer fans to play IC Guild tasks with. Something I am unable to wrap my head around as to why would Cyan do that? That, meaning why bother to created the Guild Pubs and history to them and never define how IC explorers should use them or allow them to be used. :x It makes me insane that they sit there with an undefined use and aren't allowed to be used? I mean, the Guild sites that evolved out of them purpose to creating new game content I get, but not to equally use them in-game for IC use seems such a wasted resource. :cry: And so I tried to get it into use. I didn't mean to offend any in my doing so or step on toes as I obviously did. And for that I am truely sorry. :oops:

So the issue came down to whether or not Cyan/ Guilds were ready to commit all of the Cyan Kings 5 Major Guilds into an in-game IC player project or not, at this time or any time. The answer I got was a resounding NO! And so I respected that decision and deleted as requested, those Guilds Bevin named avatars I had made. In my own mind I see no reason for me to stay with the MOUL, again game, since there is not to be any allowed Cyan approved ability for an in-game IC Guilds System to be developed. Given that Cyan never could decide to release or decide upon the in-game Guilds system IC status for use, I don't foresee anything changing with within the near future with regards to this. I pushed and broached the topic to the explorers and Cyan. None seem ready to deal with or move forward with what I see as the games necessary step to a progressively successful IC future. I feel it is one of several unattended to, unanswered MOUL topics by Cyan that really hurts the games ability to grow along natural progressive lines from players.

ONE PROBLEM: MOUL, again for me remains an undefined Cyan project to intent. Is MOUL, again MORE? Or a prelude to Open Source Uru? It isn’t clear, at least to me, is it part of the first step towards the promised Open Source Uru game i.e. licensed FCAL new age content with released tools and code or something else. This is in-part my own fault and short coming as time doesn’t allow for me to stay current with the games OC, OCC or IC ICC Guild happenings or progress and their relationship to Cyan and the other part being could anyone keep up with everything unless retired with the time and desire to.
P.S. In my haste to leave I have deleted all of my accounts avatars before thinking to transfer all of the games I had or explain that the Guild of Writer’s, Guild of Maintainer’s and Guild of Cartographer’s Bevins were not officially from or by Cyan and those who have joined them in believing this need to be told. Something I now can not go into the game and post or do. Perhaps those belonging to those Bevins can still post to their imagers what has happened. I am sorry for all the bad and confusion I have caused all. And so I will leave the game as part of my penance and leave MOUL alone. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Jahmen

Postby Kemy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:27 am

Again, waaaaay too much talking, condense man, condense!
MO:ULa #00365471
Age Concept Designer / Storyline developer
Kemy

Postby ddb174 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:45 am

I like hearing these ideas. It's fun to imagine how things could run, even if it would be a bad idea to actually do so :)
ddb174

Postby Jahmen » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:51 am

Give up? hmmm Perhaps or not really. I have come to understand that MOUL, again and those running it, along with others trying to run it, have agenda's that my proposed and attempted ideas for an IC in-game play format didn't fit right now. Whatever the politics between those who are in charge and those that want to be, only time and circumstances will sort that all out. I just choose not to be caught in the middle of it spinning my wheels. :roll:
The message goes something like this from the forum threads. MOUL, again is moving into being an open source game. Feel free to write story ages with graphic designs and build new content. (90 plus already stand alone Fan Ages in Drizzle) However, be aware that some or none of your work and creations may be used or survive in the future of MOUL, again. Take the Guilds and make them into whatever you want for now, but Cyan will still decide how it will all be in the end. I think my idea to create an in-game guild system which tasks players into roles in which thay can create and build, test, grade and promote quest games and stories is a good one. I still think starting such a system using the smaller scale of quest games to task players with would and could be a platform for players doing the same for new age content when it came out and needed testing and tweaking. However, the present climate of MOUL, again politics and internal struggles along with financial limitations that are keeping the game from growing right now may someday change. So I will build my Quest games and write my stories in private and keep them to myself until Cyan decides the time is right to move forward with a decisive plan for fan created content.
Jahmen

Previous

Return to Jahmen's Journal