Guild System of In-Game New Games Content

Postby Jahmen » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:31 am

The Guild System for New Games Content is not only for Marker Quest Games (MQG) and Jalak Dador Games (JDG), but also new in-game Age stories & short stories. It is meant to be expandable to include and support other newly created games in the future. My idea behind a Guilds System for creating and supporting new small games content, is to grow and sustain the Uru Community during the transition into the introduction of Fan Created Art License (FCAL) New Age big content and the time between additional releases. The Guild System for New Games Content is small scale projects meant for in-game Guild members with a Myst Red toga to organize and manage small new games content. The goal is to develop a small scale ongoing source of readily available “In-Game Content” to explorers to create and sustain online game attendance after all the available in-game content has been exhausted. When this Guild System reaches the point with which it can support a regular flow of new small games and stories to the Uru Community, I believe the content quality will grow to produce amazing content. It is meant to be a small scale renewable source of in-game content. It should include other Guilds within the Guild System for Games such as the Guild of Archivists’, Linguist, along with other Guilds that can provide a useful service of task to the systems operations.

Membership Guidelines for Guild Member System Volunteers:
Guild Members should be explorers that have completed all of the MOUL, again “in-game” content giving them the time to devote to their Guild(s) of choice writing, playing, testing, evaluating, and promoting New Games content with and for the Uru Community of Explorers. Those desiring to join the Guilds System for creating New Games Content should be explorers that play regularly in game and interested in donating their time to growing and promoting the Uru Community of Games and associated activities. Once the Guild System is established and becomes stable in tasks of purpose, new member requirements can be lifted and open to all Explorers.

Note: Not all Marker Quest Games (MQG) and Jalak Dador Games (JDG) will be created solely by the Guilds System, but also by Explorers lone individual efforts or collaborations outside the Guild System. With this in mind, the Guild System can help to integrate these other sources of game content into the Guild of Games Library of Games.
Guild System for New Games “In-Game” content consists of the 5 primary Guilds set up Cyan in MOUL, last; Guild of Greeters´, Guild of Messengers´, Guild of Writers´, Guild of Maintainers´, Guild of Cartographers’, with their individual Private Guild Pubs. There newly create name sake Bevins are to provide an in-game public face and access to Guild Pub Members.

Proposed GUILD Summaries of Tasks;

Guild of Greeter’s members are tasked to after greeting new explorers to make known and educate new explorers by directing them to the Great Zero Antechamber Room to upgrade their KI’s to acquire the ability to later play Marker Quest Games. Same as Greeters might do with directing explorers to the Gahreesen or Class Room Book to get a KI or learn about their KI. The Greeter’s may wish to join and/or participate in the Guild System for New Game Content and display some Guild Game System Information on their Bevin imager.

Guild of Messenger’s members are tasked as the ambassadors between the Guilds making up the Guild System for In-Game New Games Content by promoting and informing the Uru Community of Explorers about the in-game games and the latest and greatest Games, along with hosting disputes between Guilds to possible task over-lapping issues that come up. Messenger members are to promote Game events and competitions by keeping the in-game Uru Community of Explorers informed through their network of associated Guild of Criers and The Cavern Today, etc. . .

Guilds of Writer’s members are tasked to write New Games content with type styles and play levels. Guild of Writer’s members will teach classes in in-game writing and creation for Marker Quest Games (MQG) and Jalak Dador Games (JDG). Writers are also encouraged to write and present new in-game age and short stories for public oration and/ or creation within a MQG or JDG.

Guilds of Maintainer’s members are tasked with play checking and testing new Marker Quest Games (MQG) and Jalak Dador Games (JDG) submissions for type styles and play levels. Maintainer members will teach classes in in-game testing and categorizing for the Games Library. creation for. Maintainer members will work in conjunction with the in-game Guilds System of the other Guilds to produce New Games Content for the Uru Community of Explorers.

Guilds of Cartographer’s members are tasked with mapping and creating maps for use in creating Games. This might be best done in conjunction with a central website that can accommodate the up load and down loading of maps for games creation.

Guilds of Game’s members are tasked with hosting the games. They are the Keepers of the Games Library. They collect and distribute games from and to the explorers with the attached Report Card for players to fill out and send back in to tell us how they liked the game and how to improve it ideas. Report Cards are to help the Guilds System improve the quality of games and continue to track games level skills and in-game knowledge as the games evolve.

Note: As a member of the Guild of Cartographers and having an extensive collection of MOUL Age maps for the mapping of my own games I could help get things started.

Draft Stages: I am still working on perfecting a cataloging system for the games I already have as well as a system for submitting games to the Guild System for playing, texting, typing and grading for skill levels required to play them.
For now I am just using the game creators KI #s Avatar name and game name title first letters as the game tag for each game. I am learning more about MS Excel to better perfect a formula for the tracking of the games and the returned response to each game’s report card for explorers to fill out and return. The idea being that the Uru Community of Explorers will ultimately set the agenda for what is most popular and playable. The report cards are to build a library data base for the Guilds System to establish a definition of explorer skill levels. This will be done in conjunction with the Maintainers efforts to keep up with processing through the games submitted into the system by explorers and what the system its self produces.
I have set up the Guild of Writer’s Bevin, Guild of Maintainer’s Bevin and the Guild of Cartographer’s Bevin with the hopes that I can get explorers to join that have already completed all the in-game MOUL, again game content. This way they will have the time to help the Guild System to start functioning in its capacity to start creating, testing, and categorizing games.
Jahmen aka GAMEMASTER

Green to Red to Quests
Marker Games -- What are they about?
To answer that question an Explorer must first, walk, run, jump, and find those green and red markers along the way to gain the privilege and ability to play and make marker games. So let me quickly run you through what is involved at the start. The first of all, all Explorers should after receiving their Ki go back to the round book room, found in any Bevin and use the linking book to the antechamber room to get their Ki upgraded from the Ki machine there so they can then detect markers. Green and red markers to be exact, starting with the green ones. Once the Explorer has collected all of the green markers and returned them to the antechamber Ki machine for the next upgrade, they will also receive a Private Link in the Nexus to the Great Zero. Then start collecting the remaining red markers to gain access to the Great Zero- Calibration Room. Once the Explorer has collected all the red markers and returned them to either the antechamber Ki machine or the Ki machine found in the Great Zero, they will then gain access to calibration room. Once in the calibration room, the Explorer can use a view scope machine to choose from any of the 14 available marker missions to get started in calibrating the Great Zero. NOTE: The new MOUL, again game does not require explorers to complete all of the marker missions in order to gain access and use to creating and playing marker quest games.
Once the Explorer learns how to operate the marker quests game title and marker text features for placing markers and inserting texts within them, they are well on their way to creating any number to a vast variety of marker game types and styles.
The marker games Bevin was set up with the idea in mind to create and provide a place where explorers can come to share together in the wide variety and diversity with which marker games can be made to play. It was also meant to become a depository or library for marker games. In order to accomplish this members of the marker games Bevin are working together to create a universal standard of basics with which all marker games can be identified by type and difficulty. Nobody likes playing a game that is too hard for them or too easy. I believe most Uru explorers by nature like a good challenge that allows them to grow their abilities. We are not looking to establish rules or regulations with which to govern marker games, which will come all on its own, but more to identify and establish some basic standards to help explorers in creating and playing marker games. To this end we are in the process of designing a “skills marker quest game” meant to gauge the average ability of explorers with regards to in game walk, run, and jump skills, in game basic knowledge and game type interests. It is our intentions and hopes to enlist the help of well-known explorers with outstanding walk run jump skills and above average game knowledge, along with average and beginner explorers in helping us to develop this game for establishing some basics with which all can benefit. Additionally, marker quest games can also be used and incorporated into Jalak Dador games. We at the marker games Bevin believe that Cyan made more than enough in-game small content games to keep even the most experienced explorers entertained until new game content comes. We also believe that marker quest games are the perfect means with which Uru community member explorers can create new game content on a more smaller basic level than the skills necessary and required for creating new age game content.
Let us look at just a few of the different types of Marker Quest Games that can be made and let me try to better explain more about them and the endless diversity of combining types into new types.
First of all, a Marker Quest game takes a lot of planning the same as Story Age Writing & Age creating.
You need a plan and a theme for your Marker Game to start with.
Is the Marker Game a single Age or Multi-Age playing game?
How hard am I going to make the Markers to "Find" or even "Get"?
Is the Marker Game (MG) a “Text Letters” clues to a “Word Jumble”?
Or is the MG a “Text Words” to a sentence or phrase solve?
Is the word jumble or word solve or both something limited in theme to “In Age” or a "Multi-Age" solve?
Do you implant Cryptic text marker clues for the word jumble or word phrase to expand the solve parameters outside the Age(s)?
Are the Markers in the MG a “Text Story” or part of a “Text Story Series"?
Is the MG a tutorial or instructional of text markers to any number or wide variety of topics? Or part of a "D’ni History Lesson" solve found in among the Books of the Kings or note books, books?
There is plenty enough game content to use for creating with, as well as new age writing content.
You can even use MG’s to intro a new Age the writers are building to generate interest and anticipation for a release.
Don’t even get me started with the Marker Quest Games that can be used in Jalak Dador Playing!
The >MARKER GAME’s Bevin invites the Writers, Maintainers, Cartographers, Greeters, Messengers and any and all other Uru Community Member Explorers to participate in playing, testing, perfecting and creating Marker Quest Games for all. We believe in time that Marker Quest Games and their popularity will grow with the Uru Community as they are developed, perfected and become better well known through use.
Jahmen a.k.a. GAMEMASTER
P.S. Please, Don't freak out over this project I have undertaken.
Jahmen

Re: Guild System of In-Game New Games Content

Postby BAD » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:35 am

P.S. Please, Don't freak out over this project I have undertaken.

OK we won't. ;)
BAD is as good as he gets
BAD

Postby Chacal » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:36 pm

*Chacal freaks out*
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby BAD » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Well, TBH, when I say *we* I usually mean just me and my other personalities. Sorry for the confusion. ;)
BAD

Postby ZURI » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:41 pm

MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby BAD » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:35 pm

ZURI wrote::lol: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml

Sorry, I had to

You sir, win the internet. :lol:
BAD

Postby ZURI » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Woohooo!
MOULagain KI: 45001
ZURI

Postby 5TheStranger5 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:59 am

very well designed and informative...when you get things sat up and your rdy to go give me a holler Jahmen - keep up the excellent work, IMHO i could definately see this being successful in game. *thumbsup* :D

~Stranger
Isyeerehmah Re'bahrehltahn ~ Shetehnehmah Re'bahrehltav
Rever The Maker ~ Cherish The Made
5TheStranger5

Postby Jahmen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 am

Nope! Cyan says to cease and desist from speaking for and setting up a one man agenda for the Cyan sanctioned guilds!
Due to my lack of savvy and inability to navigate the proper powers that be and "Official" protocols and my inflaming of some explorer’s sensibilities, my project has been canceled! Evidently the Open Source Uru I thought it was is not so open. My Bad! In the absence of the Cyan King and the absentee Guild Pub members in-game presence, I mistakenly took the initiative to setting up my in-game IC Guild role Marker Quest and Jalak games project using the un-used in-game guild pubs and their name sakes Bevin's to promote my Uru Community of Explorers' Project without prior Official Cyan Guild sanctioned approval. For this I apologize profusely.

Without getting into the back and forth PM's with Cyan, I see no future for me in MOUL, again.
While I possess great imagination and in-game skills for hard to get places and creating a diversity of marker quest games, I am equally clueless and totally un-savvy in dealing with others in-game as to the social skills and protocols. My undoing!
And I totally stink at posting due my poor grammatical skills as other explorers have expressed their confusion other my posts and their meanings or points.

I do hope my untimely in-game demise will not be in vain and that my Uru dream for an in-game IC Guilds System will eventually catch on and the benefits for the Uru Community will be realized as I had hoped. :shock:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20673&sid=863ca25e5671a80407a01ac8a10b08e9
At some point one must cease beating their heads against the wall due to becoming unconscious! :oops:
Jahmen

Postby BAD » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:01 am

I didn't see a problem in what you wanted to do, rather that you felt the need to overcompensate.

If you have an idea akin to this one again, I would recommend researching the groups you are looking to help out first, then approaching them before setting anything up.

Giving up is never the answer.
BAD

Next

Return to Jahmen's Journal