Planet Dragonia Story goes Quest Game Series

Planet Dragonia Story goes Quest Game Series

Postby Jahmen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:44 am

I decided to try to make a Multi-player Quest Game Series for the Uru Community of explorers to play using my 2008 Planet Dragonia Age Story for content.
I have hacked the Story pages down into a lesser work to accommodate the work load required to edit 112 markers per Quest game, 5 made and 5 more ready with text to make.

I was force to figure out how to create a Macro-Hotkey script to scroll my KI’s edit screen with, because the zillion left mouse clicks to edit each marker made the whole project impossible to do unless I could overcome that limitation!
So I did!
The next hurdle was I didn’t have the time to relearn all the old or learn the new tricks for getting markers into those insanely hard to get to places to challenge explorers with. So after hanging out with the best of the best for a while, I learned a few new tricks I believe in time, will help speed my project’s needs. Thanx to Abjab, Annabelle and Dangerzone a many others.

OK then, a few months and about 300 hours later, I still have way too much to do on my own. :shock: The matter of time between making the Quest games and setting the markers, writing and creating the puzzle logics and editing the text into the markers . . . . So I have recently been trying to enlist others to help with making the Quest game clue markers for me to Text Edit.
NOT that I would object with help on the clues and puzzle logics! :roll:

I launched it 11-07-2010 from the Quest's Bevin Imager at Abjab's urging. (understood my obsessive compulsive perfectionist personality traits!)
The only saving grace is that as a Community Quest Game Series, it is made to be insanely hard. Why? Because when a game is for a community to play, it's a lot different than one or a few.
MOUL, last release of the Pod Ages & Minkata, showed me just how fast a forum and a swarm of explorer players could eat up game content and solve a game.
Solved those in like, what a week or less!

My thinking was to challenge the Uru Communities collective a bit more than MOUL, last did.

I have a few helping me now with 8 Quests made and a few others in various stages.
The Puzzle logics theme is designed to slow them down enough I hope to allow me to keep ahead of them!
The plans to my Quest clue puzzles are so complex, that I can't possible execute it all without help.
I have been seeking OHBot to help to automate the Quest clues puzzle parts with OHBots bots!
That and maybe when it gets going, others might want to join in to help.

The whole IDEA being to get enough interested in doing it that they could then keep putting out many Quest Game Story Series until new Open Source Content gets officially released into MOUL, again.
Hey! I can dream! :geek:
Jahmen

Re: Quest Game Series Release Information

Postby Jahmen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:33 am

FORUM POST in Cavern Events:

The Series was ended with the 5 Journal Quest Stories due to the planned "REAL TIME" playing time restraint.
There were 10 Jahmen's Journal Quest Stories in total written for the Series and 8 planned Clue Quest Games.

("ROCKS" was lost to a KI Glitch & CITY LIGHTS was a work in progress)

I intially made the Quest Series intending for it to generate Multiple Players interest in working collectively together on making further Clue Quests for the Series. Annabelle's Series of Quests provides tutorial style Quests to ALL the amazing out of the ordinary to get to places and its connection to my series being that most of my Clue Quest Markers are located in hard to reach out of play places that Annabelle's Quests can and will teach and develope players skill sets to reach.
Note:Annabelle's Quest Series is one of the largest bodies of works I know of to help explores develope their skils with, not that other explorer alone can do this as many explorers qUESTS don't also contribute too. La sahna has the most visually artistic Quest Creations I have seen yet! I call hers "Art Quests"!

My Series was meant to be extremely difficult for the COMMUNITIES Bevin's and teams to play through for really challenging fun!
Annabelle's Series I believe will become a standard must learn series of Quests for all players to eventually master, especially to play thru my Series of Quests, since I intend to continue to build more Clue Quests using her Quests as assistence to my own. I'm hopining eventually all this can pull some of the most tallented players together for collective works that will become a Series I would classify as ADVANCED content for players that eventually master all the original MOUL game content and have no further content left to play. I can DREAM! My Quest Series of Stories and Clue games were [/b] a 4 week real time event that ended now. I had several Avatars created to interact in IC (In-character) within the Quest Series Story Game Theme. A few players are stilling working their way thru the 4 Clue Quest game puzzles (Clue Quests are markers with text clues to math, letters to words and words to sentence puzzle solves) to get Journal Story Quests as they progress thru solving them. The Story Quests are the rewards like Yeesha pages for solving the Clue Quest puzzles. Perhaps when OHBot gets back up and running the Series can be offered again to all using his Bots the run it, being that the text clue markers are simple Questions & Answers that the Bots can handle. That should be fun! "My responses are limited; you must ask the right questions."
Thanks to all that persisted in playing the Quest Series.

QUEST SERIES of GAMES
START: Quest's Bevin Imager Posts
Lost Bevin & Age - Clue to Simon & his Quest Game

Simon Templer’s Journey Journal Quest [Kadish]
Was Clue marker Texts to I-Spy
END: Simon's Journey Journal Clue Quest

I-Spy’s Journal Journey [Minkata]
Introduction Journal Story to Jahmen
END: I-Spy’s Journal Journey Story Quest

Added: I-Spy's Imager Post - Drama
To encourage interest to ask for more . .

QUEST’s “Vault Secrets” Clue Quest [Kadish]
I-Spy gives out this 2nd Clue Quest Game Puzzle
Marker Clues & to CrashOveride & Jack Flash
END: Quest's Vault Secrets Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 1 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
Crash gives Players Q & A for Journal 1 Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 1 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 1 Journal Quest

Jahmen’s 2 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
Jack gives Players Q & A for Journal 2 Quest Story
& [/color] "TREES" Clue Quest Math Puzzle
You completed Jahmen’s 2 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 2 Journal Quest

CrashOveride’s “TREES” Clue Quest [Multi-Age]
"TREES" Clue Quest leads to KI. who gives Players Q & A
for Journal 3 Quest Story & "JALAK GEMS" Clue Quest Puzzle
END: “TREES” MATH CLUE QUEST:

Jahmen’s 3 Journal Quest 2008 [color=#0040FF][Minkata]
KI. gives Q & A for Jahmen’s 3 Journal Quest Story
& gives out 3rd Clue Quest JALAK GEMS
You completed Jahmen’s 3 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s 3 Journal Quest

KI.’s “JALAK GEMS” CLUE QUEST [Multi-Age]
Clue Quest Puzzles of Letters to Words, Words to Sentence
& Math Solves for Final "Secret Word" Marker location find.
END: “JALAK GEMS” Clue Quest

Jahmen’s 4 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
KI. Receives; Completed Words Sentence for
Jahmen’s 4 Journal Quest Story2008
You completed Jahmen’s 4 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s Journal Quest Four

Jahmen’s 5 Journal Quest 2008 [Minkata]
KI. receives "Secret Word" for Jahmen's 5 Journal Quest Story
You completed Jahmen’s 5 Journal 2008
End: Jahmen’s Journal Quest Five
Jahmen

Return to Jahmen's Journal