Cube puzzle integration.

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Simple puzzle integration.

Postby Grogyan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:06 pm

I'm sorry I forgot about Jonae, but I mean't really, recently RtR has the puzzle on his shell.

Assuming using SDL variables for a 2 x 2 x2 cube, can't you use straight integer arrays?
Eg
n = numarray.array ([x, y, z, u, v, w,])

And with local variables for the switches
TopLeft, Top Right, BottomLeft, BottomRight, LeftTopUp, RightTopUp, LeftBottomDown, RightBottomDown?

Can we do non fake gui's or is that still in the pipeline of things to ad to PyPrp?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:00 am

belford wrote:Unfortunately the number of rotational states of a cube -- even 2x2x2 -- is kind of enormous.

Ah yes, I suppose you are right. Oh well, my excuse is that I suck at math.

Grogyan wrote:I'm sorry I forgot about Jonae, but I mean't really, recently RtR has the puzzle on his shell.

Assuming using SDL variables for a 2 x 2 x2 cube, can't you use straight integer arrays?
Eg
n = numarray.array ([x, y, z, u, v, w,])

And with local variables for the switches
TopLeft, Top Right, BottomLeft, BottomRight, LeftTopUp, RightTopUp, LeftBottomDown, RightBottomDown?

You could store the array into a STRING32 SDL variable. And when reading the SDL you restore the array by splitting the string at the commas.

That still leaves the visual aspects unsolved though. I think the word "Simple" should be scratched from the title. Not only does this puzzle have a huge amount of combinations but you want all of them to be visible as well! :shock: Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think even Cyan has attempted something like that.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Grogyan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:44 pm

Kadish Tolesa telescope puzzle is the example I am following, or emulate in some way.

Yep, i'll scratch out the "simple" part of the title.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Previous

Return to Scripting