Dynamic Book Template (version 2.1)

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Dynamic Book Template (version 2.1)

Postby Grogyan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:10 pm

Other than the general clearing up I did, its the same, except for one small thing, that shouldn't but might cause problems, its in the PageDefs
I have set the book pages name to s119Journals, s119Journals is also the filename for the journals themselves.

I'll do a minor fix there and try again with the template I was working with, now that I know that Robert the Rebuilder's revised template works

But I did notice something else, that doesn't work (Grogyan is slamming his head against a wall to eliminate the headache), only the journal and the rain cleft link book pages come up, but the link isn't isn't working, that i'll leave for another day, my main concern is the journal, story and all.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Grogyan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:44 am

Sorry for the triple post, but I just wanted to let you you know, thanks very much everyone, i've tracked the problem and solved it (I think this time I have got it)
The problem was in the BookGUI.py file, and it was something I had done when clearing up all the unnecessary code, and some how it was looking for a nested object, which there isn't one, in the end this one line of code needed to be like this for a single journal

Code: Select all
bookPages = [['s119Journal'], []]

Note the empty nest
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:48 am

So your code was suffering from "empty nest syndrome" :lol:

Glad that your journal is working, Grogyan!
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:55 pm

That is just odd. I ditched the tuples to fix this. You shouldn't need the dummy []. And I just tested again with a single book, single page:
Code: Select all
ageBooks = ['Journal01']
bookPages = [['PradJournal']]

And it works fine. Admittedly this was in the new version 3 (which I will be posting later today probably). But I did not change that part. At least not that I am aware of... :?

Oh well, as long as it works for you now. :)
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Previous

Return to Scripting