a Huru question

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: a Huru question

Postby Paradox » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:44 pm

We know how animations work, we're capable of creating them. There just isn't anyone willing to try to transfer the 20+ classes into Python and make it line up with Blender's internal animation API.
Paradox

Postby Aloys » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:06 am

Oh my, that video is from centuries ago.. :o Wasn't this moo's work?

We know how animations work, we're capable of creating them. There just isn't anyone willing to try to transfer the 20+ classes into Python and make it line up with Blender's internal animation API.

You don't mind if I shed a tear out of frustration here? :)
Seriously, now that we have sound working (at least for the most part) the only fundamental thing we are missing is object animation..
(well, that and texture animations, but that's for another topic). Is there anyway we can help you have this working? I really don't know how, but if there's anything that doesn't involve actualy coding but that can still help you..

Also, I know before I ask that this is a profane question, but: would there be anyway to go through small incremental steps, one feature at a time? First implement basic translations, then rotations, then whatever, then skeletal animation etc.. ?

[edit] I can't type..
Last edited by Aloys on Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloys

Postby D'Lanor » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:19 am

BAD wrote:THe Maze is one of the first ages with a puzzle in it made.

It was made by MercAngel.

It was made to run on UU so I don't know if it will run on CC properly.

Yes, it does. I once converted it to CC with PRPTool and everything worked ok. It really is a shame that PRPTool is now read only.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Zrax » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:46 pm

Yeah, sorry about that... PrpTool 0.2 was kind of a temporary project which I never got around to adding write support for, but some people were still interested enough in it that I decided to release it anyway... I think Paradox and I are going to start another project up to replace older tools like PrpExplorer and PrpTool with something that both reads AND writes things *correctly* (using the Plasma library I've been working on for quite a while now), instead of that AgeMaker program I kept talking about and putting off ;)
Zrax

Postby Kato » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:07 am

We're just now getting features that other tools had three years ago?

O.o

Seriously, there are some NICE animations in that video. Not like those crappy Python-controlled animations we've used so far. :P

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby Paradox » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:41 am

Kato wrote:We're just now getting features that other tools had three years ago?

O.o

Seriously, there are some NICE animations in that video. Not like those crappy Python-controlled animations we've used so far. :P

-Kato

That other tool was never released though, so nobody ever actually got to use it or look at the code for it.
Paradox

Previous

Return to Scripting