Python Uru Classes

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Python Uru Classes

Postby Lontahv » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:23 pm

I keep hearing about how "if someone could not be a lazy-bones and program a couple of classes so that blender api can be translated into plasma we could get moving textures/animations/<insert great thing here :P >".

And I was thinking; "I can program in python pretty well, have a pretty good amount of free time and... WHY AM I WAITING FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO DO ALL OF THIS STUFF! :lol: " So, I want to learn more about what these "classes" are (they just look like a pile of hex to me) and I want to start helping the community rather than just waiting for "the next feature" to come out. :P

Could some GoW-plugin devs help me? I really want to help you folks. :) *me thinks that I could sit down for a couple of hours and get animations of some-type working*

I want to be a dev. :)

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Re: Python Uru Classes

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:40 am

What might help is if you could provide a write-up on how to make animations in Blender. Something simple like a door sliding down or rotating open.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Re: Python Uru Classes

Postby Aloys » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:50 am

I vote for scrolling textures so we can make some nice animated water :)
Aloys

Return to Scripting