Snow Ages

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Snow Ages

Postby Nek'rahm » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Since we have the program Riveal 7.1 to rip textures from MOUL, and we also have ddb174's work w/ MOUL and Uru:CC... isn't it now possible to make Ages with snow?

Open for discussion
Nek'rahm

Re: Snow Ages

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:31 pm

I don't see what that has to do with it. For snowfall you need the particle system, which has not yet been implemented. And as for snow textures... just go ahead and make them.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Nek'rahm » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:50 pm

I just figured that the information from Eder Delin could be used to find this...

I must still be kinda naive... herm...
Nek'rahm

Postby D'Lanor » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:08 pm

Sorry if my reply came out somewhat harsh. Snow is a good subject for discussion.

What I would have liked to see in Delin are footprints in the snow. It would be nice to have footprint support in PyPRP in the future. Is it known how that works?

Edit: And a word of warning about ripped textures. We cannot distribute those with our ages.
D'Lanor

Postby Nek'rahm » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Duly noted :D
Nek'rahm

Postby Grogyan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:14 pm

Dandelions, snowflakes, leaves falling, etc are all handled with DirectX particle system that Plasma uses.

Its not yet a high critical component yet, so we'll have to wait.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Paradox » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:21 pm

Yes, it might be possible to reverse engineer Snow from the converted Eder Delin, it could also be reverse engineered from Teledahn, Personal, Cleft, Ercana, or any number of Ages.

If you'd like to try your hand at getting usable data out of the hex, feel free.
Paradox

Postby katreeny » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:30 am

D'Lanor wrote:Sorry if my reply came out somewhat harsh. Snow is a good subject for discussion.

What I would have liked to see in Delin are footprints in the snow. It would be nice to have footprint support in PyPRP in the future. Is it known how that works?

Edit: And a word of warning about ripped textures. We cannot distribute those with our ages.

Doesn't Ahnonay have footprints? I recall that when you walk out of the water at a specific location you get wet footprints for a while. I would assume it would be feasible to use that as a starting point.

Katreeny
Katreeny - KI 954782
katreeny

Postby greendragoon » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:20 am

I wouldn't be surprised if such functionality is similar to ripples you get when you jump in the water. But whether this is the result of some fancy python programing or a built in function of the engine, I don't know.
Robert "greendragoon" Starbuck
As Long as there is MORE,
I will explore.
And as long as my Relto shelf is unfilled,
I will build.
greendragoon

Location: Stuck in Indiana because the cavern door is locked.

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:25 am

Yes, footprints are similar to splash ripples. In Relto for example we can find both the plDynaFootMgr and plDynaRippleMgr classes. There is no Python involved in these.

I wonder if the plDynaRippleMgr class is included in Lontahv's realistic water project?
D'Lanor

Next

Return to Scripting