KI Types?

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: KI Types?

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:03 pm

Almlys == paranoid

Thus, run it on a clean PotS install.

Anyone with any inch of brain could've figured out that brain buster.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Lontahv » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:10 am

A whole inch? :lol:

At the time, I didn't know Almlys was so into destroying peoples lives... er, Uru installs. :P

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Almlys » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:55 am

Lontahv wrote:That thing deleted all of my fan ages. Do you think I'm going to recommend it? :P

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Almlys == paranoid

Thus, run it on a clean PotS install.

Anyone with any inch of brain could've figured out that brain buster.

Lontahv wrote:A whole inch? :lol:

At the time, I didn't know Almlys was so into destroying peoples lives... er, Uru installs. :P

I think that I need to say something in my defense.

Wow, I think that you have found a very very big and rare bug, because that thing was never written to delete unknown files (aka user created ages).

It was only tested on clean installs, so I don't know what happens with already patched installs, The only files concerned by the patcher are the GUI* ones, and the python.pak, it does not care about any other files missing or present on your installation. Although I think that the patcher could be modified to be a bit less paranoic, just avoid check the correct checksums for the files an patch them anyway, although I thing that that could cause unexpected things.

I think that Dustin or someone else could implement a better and improved version of this patch and add it to Drizzle.

PD: By the way that code is 3 years old, and is one of the worst and s**y things that I have ever wrote...
Almlys

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:06 am

LOL Oops, sorry Almlys.

I guess I'm just used to you saying "The data server and any patchers need to delete any data that's not supposed to be there."

Maybe it is time to write a new Offline PotS KI Patcher...
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Lontahv » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:21 am

Ah that explains it.
Thanks for coming out and defending yourself. :D

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:21 am

Hi there, is there any chance of a guide to patching the U:CC/U:PotS to worth with an a Full KI? I'm not sure if it is safe to install the Alcugs KI patcher or not, and seem to remember it requiring the UU patches, which I don't have... =/

Also, what is the offline UU patch? and I'd love it if someone could PM me with that info, and also (hopefully), info about "KIRC"...

Thanks very much, hopefully someone will know, and be able to help. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby Lontahv » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:02 am

The "offline UU patch" is not really a patch. More of a hack.

The way you do it is by installing the old UU patch to your Uru and then disabling its need to a server (just delete some confs and switch the UU UruSetup.exe for the CC one). That's about it.

Oh, there's some xKI.py stuff modding but, it's fairly simple. I think you can figure it out. :)

That's about it. Sadly UU is not much fun without others. :( But at least you can play the wall (by yourself).

NOTE: It is not a good idea to install the UU patch _over_ your main working fan-aged CC. Make a clean install.

And, where to find this patch. It's just the old D'mala/UU one. If you can't find it on your computer (if you have played UU you most likely have it lying around) you can search for it online. I'm not going to give you a link because I don't really want Cyan to get mad at me. :?

This isn't really for those who aren't savvy about the ways of Uru. If there is someone who has the know-how to do this and wants to make it more accessible to others, feel free. :)

EDIT: Oh and about the alcugsKI patcher. That thing is pretty good; worked for me--with clean installs, better than using the other method: hex-editor. Just make two clean CC installs (completely clean, like right-off-the-installer-disc clean) and then patch one with the UU patcher and then follow the instructions with the patcher.

Then try out the clean CC install (the one that you didn't patch, oh and BTW and this point you can delete the UU patched install unless you want you try the method mentioned above).

If the patcher did its job, you should be able to have a UU KI, if not, you'll have to hack around with the files a bit--basically if you don't know what to do at this point you're sunk and should talk to someone who knows about what to do.

~Lontahv
Lontahv

Postby Paradox » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:45 am

You cannot take a KI from UU and make it work in PotS. UU had a number of updates that changed things in the KI and will break PotS.

You can only get a functional KI in PotS if you copy files from the original (clean, unedited) ABM installation.

From there you need to change the minor version on all of the GUI PRP files, copy the ABM xKI python file into the .pak, and make hack Uru to make it think that you are running online. Even if you get all of the files and python working right, if Uru thinks that it is in Single-Player mode, you will not have a KI.
Paradox

Postby Lontahv » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:13 pm

Uh Dox... why do I have a working KI spliced in from UU then. O.O

The only thing that's broken is adding text to the chat-buffer. All my commands work (/warp heehee).

~Lontahv
Lontahv

Postby Nadnerb » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:24 pm

How about this: Anything is possible, provided you can figure it out for yourself, because you're not going to get a straight (or consistent) answer out of anyone here. :P
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

PreviousNext

Return to Scripting