KI Types?

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: KI Types?

Postby Branan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Nadnerb wrote:How about this: Anything is possible, provided you can figure it out for yourself, because you're not going to get a straight (or consistent) answer out of anyone here. :P

It's not that people are trying to make that the case. It's just that even those people who have really dug into how Uru works (like paradox) really don't understand it. Uru is pretty complicated under the hood.

No offense meant, Paradox ;)
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Paradox » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:26 pm

I've actually helped a number of people through this, and I've never seen anyone getting it to work with a UU KI that had updates applied to it.

Nadnerb's answer is the best though, because even the people who do understand Plasma have different ways and experiences with it. No two people will ever give identical advice, because they each have their own method of making an end result.
Paradox

Postby Grogyan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:38 pm

I did have, but now long gone the UU patch for ABM, and I do have PoTs.

I also cannot find a working link to the UU patch, either for CC or ABM.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Lontahv » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:04 am

Never forget the waybackMachine!!!

http://web.archive.org/web/200502061943 ... nloads.xml

There, now you have the patcher filename. :D

I think you know what to do once you have the filename. ;)

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Paradox » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:53 pm

I don't see any harm in this, the patchers aren't particularly useful to anyone anymore other than for getting certain files.

For Uru: Path of the Shell or Uru: Complete Chronicles: http://plasma.oc1.mirrors.redwire.net/patches/until-uru-cc-patch-0.38.9.exe

For Uru: Ages Beyond Myst: Use the KI files that are on the original installation. You do not need to install the UU patches.

Brief description of how to port the KI to PotS:
"ABM" here is taken to mean either the installation folder of Uru: Ages Beyond Myst, or a clean installation of Until Uru.
Copy all of the GUI_District_*.prp files from ABM to your PotS folder. Copy the GUI.age and GUI.fni files from ABM to PotS. Open the copied GUI prp files. Edit the Minor Version DWORD to that it reads 12 (0x0C) instead of 11 (0x0B). Change this for every GUI prp file. Re-create the GUI.sum file.
Unpack your Python.pak from ABM. Decompyle xKI.pyc. Edit it and add a function PtIsSinglePlayer() near the top of the file, outside of the xKI class. the function should return 0.
Recompile xKI.py. Make a new KI.pak folder in your PotS installation. Pack xKI.pyc into that new pak file.
Launch Uru, hope for the best.
Paradox

Postby Grogyan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:04 am

Oh, problem with doing that is that the code for marker games wasn't implemented until prologue was available, hence I tried patching the ABM to UU.

I'll try the CC UU patch to see if it patches the xKI, and try porting that over.

I did have a go at porting over a UU patched ABM xKI, that borked the personal Age so no fan Ages as well as, um, no KI at all.
then I tried compiling the pak with the original PoTS xKI.py, but still no fan Ages on Relto, so I just copied back a backup of the python.pak file (thank goodness for backups) and other than the flymode not working, it all works.

I'll deal with flymode later

Then again I didn't change the gui files.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Previous

Return to Scripting