Lost with Python

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Lost with Python

Postby Nadnerb » Thu May 22, 2008 9:39 pm

Your link is broken. It reads correctly, but when clicked, points to "clickable_journal". o.O
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Grogyan » Thu May 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Thanks, fixed link
I tried using that gwiki link in the posting options, didn't work for some reason
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby D'Lanor » Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 am

Grogyan wrote:
I noticed one error in this section
Code: Select all
AgeBooks = {'good_journal': ('<cover src="ValJournal_nosymbol"><margin right=32 left=32>', '<font size=12 face=Arial color=000000>', 0, 0, 'BkBook', 0.8, 1.0),
'barn_journal': ('<cover src="ValJournal"><margin right=32 left=32>', '<font size=16 face=Arial color=000000>', 0, 0, 'BkBook', 0.9, 1.0),
'barn_linkbook': ('<cover src="ValJournalGreen"><margin right=32 left=32>', '<font size=16 face=Arial color=000000>', 0, 0, 'BkBook', 0.9, 1.0)}

For each of your images that are used for the cover, the need the extension postfix eg .jpg, .tga, .bmp etc

Trylon explained a few posts back why the extension does not always work.

Uru can make a pretty good guess without the extension but I did warn about using similar names in that case. Yet I see similar names being used here.

That being said, we need Python logs.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Grogyan » Fri May 23, 2008 3:12 am

To me, it sounds like Uru is asking for the filename + extension but the filename in Blender is too long and clips there, I dunno.

But as for using your template D'Lanor, I recall Andy asking a lot about it when attempting to make linking books if that helps other than that the python logs may help track down the problem.

I'll be watching this, as i'll be attempting to do something similar in my shell
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Grogyan

Postby Valdez » Tue May 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Here are my Python log files (all four of them) with the AlcScript. Please note that my book is clickalble and it does open up with the correct cover, but the linking image (Star_LinkPanel) does not come up nor can I link.

Python Log Files with AlcScript.zip
All four Python log files with the AlcScript.
(74.5 KiB) Downloaded 207 times

There you have it. Please tell me if you find anything wrong with them. And also the ONLY picture to be concerned with is the Star_LinkPanel file!
Fighting, Horrible disposition to others based on beliefs... What's the point anymore? Was there ever a point? Dead is what it is and always will be until peace is achieved through everyone.
Valdez

Postby D'Lanor » Tue May 27, 2008 4:38 pm

There are no errors in the Python logfiles. The linking page is created correctly:

(05/22 22:12:41) Trying book barn_linkbook with page(s) ['SecretAge']
(05/22 22:12:41) Match found! Start opening book...
(05/22 22:12:41) TINA_TestingBookGUI: IOpenBook: Page(s) requested ['SecretAge']
(05/22 22:12:41) Showing SecretAge, link destination TINA_Testing
(05/22 22:12:41) 1 item(s) created, linking page(s): 1

All I can think of is that the name of the texture has been mangled. So you will have to look up the name of the texture in your TINA_Testing_District_Textures.prp file.

You can open prp files in either PRP Explorer or Plasmashop which can be downloaded from the wiki. The textures in the prp are located under mipmaps.
D'Lanor

Postby Valdez » Tue May 27, 2008 5:50 pm

Well, I made sure they were both the same including the file extension and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know anymore things that could have gone wrong? And on a side note, what is a spawnpoint title? And do you just make it up or do you set it somewhere else?
Fighting, Horrible disposition to others based on beliefs... What's the point anymore? Was there ever a point? Dead is what it is and always will be until peace is achieved through everyone.
Valdez

Postby Valdez » Tue May 27, 2008 8:37 pm

I made another linking book for my actual secret age (in a seperate age) and that gave me the same results. From what I can tell the only thing that could be causing this problem is the BookPages entry of the PageDefs file. This is the one for the TINA Testing Area:

BookPages = {'TINA_TestingJournal':  ((DefTINA_TestingJournal)), 'BarnJournal':  ((DefBarnJournal)),
'SecretAge': (PageStart + ImgStart + 'Star_LinkPanel' + ImgEnd + AlignCenter)}

And my SecretAge:

BookPages = {'TINALinkingBook': (PageStart + ImgStart + 'TINA_Testing_Area' + ImgEnd + AlignCenter)}

Is there anything wrong with those entries? Or maybe a possible problem? If you need any other Python code I will give it to you.

Thanks,

Valdez :geek:
Valdez

Postby D'Lanor » Wed May 28, 2008 4:23 am

Can you post a PRP Explorer or Plasmashop picture of the texture names?

I made another linking book for my actual secret age (in a seperate age)

That will not work. The image is not loaded if you are in another age. It must be in the files of the age you link from.
D'Lanor

Postby Valdez » Wed May 28, 2008 3:46 pm

D'Lanor wrote:That will not work. The image is not loaded if you are in another age. It must be in the files of the age you link from.

I know, you misread that, I made a second LINKING BOOK in my other age to see if maybe the first age itself was just buggy. I know that the image must be in the age you link from. And it is.

Here is a picture of the UruPRP files for the 2 problem images:

Anything you notice? If you do tell me. And also that word that was cut off was 'SecretAge linking panel'.
Valdez

PreviousNext

Return to Scripting