Blender Script Needed

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Blender Script Needed

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:11 am

Hey all, I was wondering if there was a blender script out there that changed properties similar to the shadbuf script that was put out with the last Pyprp update.

Basically I need to change the page_num properties of an entire PRP page with well over a hundred objects in it. And I need a script that will copy the materials from the ob property to the mesh property for all the objects as well.

Is this possible? Or do i have to spend the day changing everything by hand?
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Re: Blender Script Needed

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:30 am

This can be done without a script, provided you want to set the logic property rather than create a ridiculous alcscript. Simply set the page_num value on one of your objects, deselect, and select all the other objects you want to have the same property. Then select the object with the property (so it is selected last, and has the brightest selection outline) and press Ctrl+C, select "Properties", and the property you want to copy.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Re: Blender Script Needed

Postby GPNMilano » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:49 am

Thanks Nadnerb. Now I just have to figure out how to change everything else. I'm thinking it will just be easier to spend a few hours changing everything by hand.

Basically I deleted my blendfile for one of my ages when I was cleaning my harddrive out. So I imported the age into blender, but of course all the information needs to now be changed. When I try to export, all the materials are on the Ob properties not the mesh, I get the col-r error, and the vertex groups need to be deleted. Its going to be a fun day on this one.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Return to Scripting