Ok, this is strange...

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Ok, this is strange...

Postby Jamey » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:42 am

Ok, I was using Drizzle and all that stuff to convert MOUL ages into Uru CC (which I did successfully:D), I linked into Uru and went to my bookshelf and found something next to my Myst book....

Now there shouldn't usually be a Bevin book next to the Myst book (as far as I know). I tried clicking on the book and the game locks me at the bookshelf completely, making me have to either use task manager to quit Uru, or use flymode to get out of the bookshelf, which I did, but when I exited out of flymode after getting out of my bookshelf, I'm invisible O_o'

Anyone know what's going on? Is it a problem with ULM, or something else? Anyone getting this problem?
KI#46415
Jamey

Re: Ok, this is strange...

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:40 pm

That happened because you tried to use a book that's not defined in the linking book definitions.

The relto bookshelf disables drawing on the avatar to keep you from seeing your back rather than the shelf.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Jamey » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Ok, how can I fix it/get rid of the book next to the Myst book?
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:43 pm

That book if, you used UAM, contains an easter egg with the link to the top of the Kadish pyramid. UAM I believe used to unlock the book. I believe it only unlocks that book if you ever installed UAM though. (I used to have it unlocked, but I wiped the version of Uru i had when i installed the ULM and Drizzle. So its possibly a conflict between drizzle, ULM, and UAM if you ever installed that.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby GPNMilano » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:45 pm

EDIT: Also, if you used the files distributed with final3. The already converted ages. That may have caused the problem as well, as it may have conflicted with the already existing flymode, and unlocked the book.
GPNMilano

Postby Jamey » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Yeah, I noticed my flymode was missing...but I have no idea what UAM is...

So how do I get rid of the book? is it a matter of editing or deleting files?
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Jamey » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:17 pm

uhhh...anyone?
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby GPNMilano » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:21 am

Hate to say it Jamey but probably your best bet would be do a clean install of Uru (just back up your ages/save files and any modifications you made pre the drizzle install) Do a fresh install then install your ages and drizzle back in. But Don't install fly mode. Drizzle comes with its own version of flymode, so you won't need it. And it should make your bookshelf workable again. I had the same problem, and that fixed it. Its the easiest and safest way.

There is a second option but I'm not sure it would work. Thats to make the book workable. Which would involve adding the link into your psnlbookshelf and xlinkingpagedefs files. I don't know if it would work though, because the modding i did to my shelf made the shelf workable but disabled ULM. Though its possible it would work for you as I did modifications to the lower shelf, where ULM stores its books. Making a modification to that particular book may not do anything other than unlock the book and make it useable again. I can write the code for you to put in your py pack to see if it works. I'm assuming you have plasmashop in this case.
GPNMilano

Postby Jamey » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:23 pm

GPNMilano wrote:Hate to say it Jamey but probably your best bet would be do a clean install of Uru (just back up your ages/save files and any modifications you made pre the drizzle install) Do a fresh install then install your ages and drizzle back in. But Don't install fly mode. Drizzle comes with its own version of flymode, so you won't need it. And it should make your bookshelf workable again. I had the same problem, and that fixed it. Its the easiest and safest way.

There is a second option but I'm not sure it would work. Thats to make the book workable. Which would involve adding the link into your psnlbookshelf and xlinkingpagedefs files. I don't know if it would work though, because the modding i did to my shelf made the shelf workable but disabled ULM. Though its possible it would work for you as I did modifications to the lower shelf, where ULM stores its books. Making a modification to that particular book may not do anything other than unlock the book and make it useable again. I can write the code for you to put in your py pack to see if it works. I'm assuming you have plasmashop in this case.

Ok for the first option, which folders specifically?

And for the second option, please do :)
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby GPNMilano » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Copy your sav file folder. (with the exception of the file marked "personal") and the user fan ages from the dat folder. You'll also need to copy the sfx and python files associated with those ages (they should be relatively easy to find. they're in the sfx folder and python folder). Copy them all to another area on your hard drive and just uninstall uru and then reinstall it.

Let me get the code written up and i'll pm it to you for option 2.
GPNMilano

Next

Return to Scripting