SftSoK Needs Programmers!

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

SftSoK Needs Programmers!

Postby Kato » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:45 pm

We're dumb!

We need programmers to help take part in what could be simultaneously the best MYST fangame and the bar for fan-made URU Ages, a project that's been in development for over three years.

So if you've been knee-deep in Plasma for any amount of time and know your way around Notepad, Search for the Springs of Kehlbet needs you!

You can check out some early screenshots in our forum, with more coming later this month. We need programmers ASAP! If you'd like to help, PM me or Mystified Explorer or just give us a post in the project's forum.

We want/need/would really like to have you! :D

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Re: SftSoK Needs Programmers!

Postby Lontahv » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:19 am

I'd be willing to help... a little. I'm not sure how much time I'll have after I've goofed off for a while. :shock:

Well, I can help you with stuff but I'm not sure about actually working on it as a programmer. What kind of stuff would it need? Python? If I just need to program the mechanics of it in (say, you come to me and say: "I want this button to trigger such and such and if the lever isn't in the "0" state it shouldn't do anything. etc.") that'd be nice. I would want to be more of a programming-consultant type.

I am currently swamped with being bored though. ;) *

*note: by bored I mean that I've found silly little things to do with plasma's API. :?

Oh and also, a way to help you as well is to work on various features you need for pyprp. Do you guys at SftSoK have any requests (and don't say bones... 'cause those look really hard :P )?

~Lontahv
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Kato » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:50 am

I sent Lontahv this quick job description:

- Implement puzzles and game logic (like you said, the lever example).
- Implement cutscenes (which will depend on the state of PyPRP at the time...they may be either movies (simple) or NPCs (hard :P)).
- Creatively and collaboratively work with team leaders to design and rapidly implement new puzzles.
- Test the game at all stages and provide feedback on all experiences based on your experience in the MYST series.
- Iterate your puzzles as you and your team creatively evolve and as testers and other teams discover bugs and design flaws.

This is true for all applying programmers. If you don't think you can do those things creatively and collaboratively then please consider that before you apply :)

-Kato
(explorer card designed and created by me)
Kato

Postby Nadnerb » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Well, I can do all of the above, so I'm happy to offer any of my services, but in a non-committal sort of way. ;) (ie, I'll take on projects on an individual basis, and there are no guarantees that I'll be reachable at any given time)
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby teedyo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:56 pm

Nadnerb wrote:Well, I can do all of the above, so I'm happy to offer any of my services, but in a non-committal sort of way. ;) (ie, I'll take on projects on an individual basis, and there are no guarantees that I'll be reachable at any given time)

What a Tease!! :D
teedyo

Return to Scripting