Re: _Textures.prp and other AgeGlobal PRP files

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Postby Zrax » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:24 am

I don't remember where this was (or even the entirety of the rest of the topic -- I remember parts, but others probably know better than I). However, I remember that there was a question about the _Textures.prp files, to which I responded that you can actually have as many AgeGlobal (the PRP type of the _Textures and _BuiltIn) files, and you can put your textures anywhere that the age has access to... This includes more AgeGlobal files (e.g., a _Textures2, or _Part2Textures.prp), or even the same PRP file that the corresponding meshes are in. The only problem as I see it is that the PRPBlender Plugin probably doesn't support this :\. However, I can assure you that it *is* possible.
Zrax

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:02 pm

That's good news, Zrax! Your original post may have been in reply to a post I made about experimenting with multiple artists working on the same age.

Perhaps the plugin could have a new alcconfig flag (i.e. keep_textures_in_page) that would govern this behavior. I've been playing around with the plugin myself, and that sounds like an easy modification.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Return to Scripting