AlcScript and Python for dummies?

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: AlcScript and Python for dummies?

Postby Tinuviel » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:06 pm

Thanks again, D'Lanor. There you can see how litle I know. :lol: The prp file is now in my blender scr folder.

I did not help, so I did the clickable thing again. My region has the actor, convex hull and property, type region. My button is an actor and is also a convex hull polytype. I have aslo tried to add the physical and pinned: true to my alcscript. Still not making it clickable. If I remove the alcscript from the animation quickscript, and follow roberts tutorial and add the py-file, I can make it clickable.
«Borders? I have never seen one, but I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.»
(Thor Heyerdahl)
Tinuviel

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:38 pm

Can you post the export logfile? (as zipped attachment)
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Tinuviel » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:03 pm

Yes, I can do that but I do not know where I can get the export logfile.... :oops:
«Borders? I have never seen one, but I have heard they exist in the minds of some people.»
(Thor Heyerdahl)
Tinuviel

Postby Lontahv » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:25 pm

It should be with the age file you exported--named: <agename>.age.log.

EDIT: Also, remember to make your click-region (the thing that you have to enter to get a hotspot) a collider--static-triangle should be good.
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Tinuviel » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:45 am

I made it!!! :-) I did a fresh install of my blender and python, and now it works. Exept for door nr 2. that keeps opening every 4 seconds. But thats because I have not programed it yet. I will try to see if I can make it on my own. But if I know my self: I'll be back:-)
(Thor Heyerdahl)
Tinuviel

Postby Tinuviel » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Right now you are reading the lines of a very proud person! I managed to make both of my doors open at one click. (not exactly the way I want it, but still: I made it :D )
But during this prosess I noticed a few things:
1. When I added my empty, the clickregion and my button, they made their own IPO-curves. So when I exported I got errors. ZeroDivisionerror. Do anyone know why IPO-curves make them selvs? I guess it is my own fault, but I do not know what I might have done.

2. The dooropening is wide, but after I have opened the doors and want to go out, it seems like the colliders of the doors block some of the opening.

3. When I press my doorbutton, my avatar keep walking on the spot for a few seconds befor pressing the button. Is there anyway to avoid that?
(Thor Heyerdahl)
Tinuviel

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:19 pm

Tinuviel wrote:1. When I added my empty, the clickregion and my button, they made their own IPO-curves. So when I exported I got errors. ZeroDivisionerror. Do anyone know why IPO-curves make them selvs? I guess it is my own fault, but I do not know what I might have done.

No idea. It never happened to me. :?

Tinuviel wrote:2. The dooropening is wide, but after I have opened the doors and want to go out, it seems like the colliders of the doors block some of the opening.

If you are using separate colliders you have to parent them to the doors. The easy way to avoid collider offsets is to give the doors themselves collision. If you already did that make sure the bounds are set to convex hull polytope or static triangle mesh (which of those 2 works best depends on the object shape).

Tinuviel wrote:3. When I press my doorbutton, my avatar keep walking on the spot for a few seconds befor pressing the button. Is there anyway to avoid that?

Not really but strategic placement of clickregion and animation target should help. And you can also force the avatar to have the right orientation by using the facing condition. Yes, that facevalue option works with the stateanimation quickscript as well. ;)
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Tinuviel » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 pm

Wow D'lanor. I am so amazed of how fast you keep replying me. :D Thanks!
With your help I have managed to make my avatar stop walking and just click. One more problem solved.
But I still keep having the invisibole collider. I have checked it out a bit more. And it seems like the collider follow the path of one door. Both when the door is open and closed so I can't get close to it. On the seconed door I have no problems. As far as I can see the doors are the same. And both are convex hull polytype. I'm not sure what is best.
(Thor Heyerdahl)
Tinuviel

Postby Lontahv » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:38 am

Try "Static Triangle Mesh" sometimes the convex hulls can act odd (like if your thing is a bit concave :P ).
Currently getting some ink on my hands over at the Guild Of Ink-Makers (PyPRP2).
Lontahv
Councilor of Artistic Direction

Postby Tinuviel » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:12 am

This time changing to static triangle mesh did not help. :(

I also found out that the IPO-curves come when I test animate an object in blender. Every object that comes in contact with my animated object gets the same IPO-curve. The odd thing is that it do not happen every time.
(Thor Heyerdahl)
Tinuviel

PreviousNext

Return to Scripting