Enobmort.

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Enobmort.

Postby J'Kla » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:46 pm

I can and have created Age.
I can and have created puzzles.
I can and have written story line.
I can and have scripted animations
I have clickables (that don't click that's like no noise)

I understand event driven programming. I can talk the talk when it comes to systems analysis.

But programming has always been my downfall.

I need help I am a third of the way into a good Python book but it's all command line stuff that when I know all that I need is an event driven interface that says when this is clicked this happens, or when this button is clicked it increments this variable when this other button is clicked it decrements the same variable. When the variable is this then this animation happens.

I do not want to know how to write a dammed menu or post stuff in files this is like going back to DOS yes I am old enough to remember DOS I am old enough to remember when it was not MS-DOS when the program came on cassette tapes.

Sorry I shouldn't rant but I need help if I don't get it soon they will be carting me off to the funny farm.

We have people with creative skills we have people with programming skills I need to be part of a team I don't want to be beating my head against a wall learning new skills that take me away from what I am good at.
J'Kla

Return to Scripting