Areas that need research

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Postby Robert The Rebuilder » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:43 am

Nah'dneb: does the scale of the object contain negative numbers? [Hit the N key to bring up the object's transform.] If so, you can just apply the scale to the vertices by hitting Ctrl-A. Then try re-exporting your shell.
Can we rebuild it? Yes, we can - here's how.

MOULagain KI# 1299

Myst Movie coming soon - spread the word!
Robert The Rebuilder

Postby Aloys » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:25 am

The inverted normals bug has been going on for a long time. As Robert says it comes from negative scaling and the most certain cause of this is to have used the 'mirror' transform on your meshes.

If you have indeed used that on an object you'll need to get rid of it (re-apply the same mirror trasformation) and transform your object again but on all the vertices in edit mode.
Aloys

Postby Nadnerb » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:53 pm

Thank you very much. :)
I do (did) have negative scaling on the affected objects. And yes, I use mirroring quite a lot.
thanks for the assist, now I can get back to plugging along with the building.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Paradox » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:53 pm

I thought I'd pop in and give a brief update:

Feature List:
1. plLayerAnimation --documentation complete
[s]2. plViewFaceModifier[/s] --Will be updated as more info is available
3. plATCAnim --documentation complete. We're still deciding how to best implement animations
4. plOccluder --documentation complete
5. Hard/[s]Soft[/s] Volume Regions --Soft Volumes are working, there is still more work to be done, but the basics are there
6. Sounds --Documentation is done, but it's complete gibberish. Don't expect antyhing in the near future :\
[s]7. plCameraModifier[/s] --Trylon added to plugin, documentation not finished; rewrite will be done when documenting is complete
8. Other Modifiers and Responders --Responders and messages need better documentation and a rewrite
9. GUIs --Documentation is in progress, but I'm not seeing any way of getting these working through Blender. Perhaps a seperate tool will be necessary
10. plSharedMesh --Documentation complete, I'll be taking this on once Adam finishes his geometry rewrite

Currently in PyPRP:
- Adam is doing an improvement on the geometry code (hopefully make things faster and add support for Myst V)
- Robert has been adding Soft-Volume regions, currently only one implementation is usable, but I'm assuming that others are in active development
- I'm glaring at the resManager and blaming it for all and any errors
- trylon, Almlys, MercAngel, Paladin and any other devs are either busy with other things in RL; or are MIA
- Almlys has been planning a new version (PyPRP-NG) that will go into development this summer. We don't know too much about it, and Almlys is pretty busy right now
- The new trac interface is great! Please submit tickets for any bugs or issues that you find
Paradox

Postby Trylon » Sat May 05, 2007 8:47 am

Paradox wrote: - trylon, Almlys, MercAngel, Paladin and any other devs are either busy with other things in RL; or are MIA

I'm just busy in RL.

Got quite some homework to do for a certificate I'm getting to continue my teaching job.
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:49 pm

I'd just like to pop in and say that I completely understand sounds now, despite the gibberish. Don't expect support for them in PyPRP though, that would be a programmer's nightmare. I want to experiment with them in PRPExplorer. I should have something soon :)

EDIT: Soon == Anywhere from a few days to weeks
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Previous

Return to Scripting