Looking to get on Development Team for URU Open Source

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Looking to get on Development Team for URU Open Source

Postby Nauntilus » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:50 am

Hi Everyone! I am a C and C++ programmer, my experience in Python is fairly limited, however, I would like to extend my skills to help with the projects, and new ages, and I would like to get on a team that is going to be working on URU Open Source. However, I don't know where to go or where to start.

~Nauntilus
http://www.dniworlds.com
Nauntilus

Re: Looking to get on Development Team for URU Open Source

Postby Nalates » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Hopefully someone PM'd you...

Also look at OpenUru.org and GoMa.
ImageNalates - Guild of Cartographers
Guild Apprentice: GoW, GoMa - Liaison: GoC to GoMe, GoC to SL (Nalates Urriah)
MO:UL 00 379 343 - Author: Uru Maps Tech Data
Nalates

Postby Trylon » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:51 pm

I myself am just waiting with joinign up on a development team until we actually get the source, and then I'll see where a development team turns up. Right now, all that's being done (all that can be done anywhere) on it is talk....
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby Nauntilus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:03 pm

Just because it is not out yet though doesn't mean we shouldn't get working on Ages and Puzzles that we can add. We have to plan our moves as far as how we are going to add stuff and what we are going to add. Cyan didn't just sit down one day and start coding, that is not how it works. So we need to start getting a framework of how we want Ages to be once we can start writing them. I already have some ideas, and I am going to work on getting some of them online on my site.
Nauntilus

Postby Jojon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Nauntilus wrote:Just because it is not out yet though doesn't mean we shouldn't get working on Ages and Puzzles that we can add...

I believe everybody read your post as regarding the source code and what to do with it, rather than age design/building, which people have been doing for quite some time. For the latter, begin checking the introductory tutorials in the wiki: http://www.guildofwriters.com/wiki/

:)
Jojon

Return to Scripting