UCC/ULM mods

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

UCC/ULM mods

Postby robbieagray » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:22 am

here are some ideas that programmers can use as ideas to inhanse the uru experience.

1. NPCs
Having other avatars walking around D'ni locations makes the game world seem more like uru live but only with fake NPCs.

2. Season changes
a program that adds christmas trees and christmas lights to D'ni locations as well as a santa hat to the avatar menu when ever the computer calender states that it is december.

that is all the ideas I have for now but I hope you all gain some of your own ideas too.
The Bahro shall rise once more. All hail the Bahro!
robbieagray

Re: UCC/ULM mods

Postby robbieagray » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:22 pm

perhaps we could add some more yeesha pages to some of the fan ages to add content to our Reltos. That way the fan content still feels like uru content.

And the pages don't have to be out in the open. They could always be hidden in special locations. Thus inspiring players to explore more.
robbieagray

Postby I.Brattin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:44 am

Well unless Cyan changes something with their OSMO license , Yeesha pages are currently restricted to them.

Personally I hope that they change their mind on a few things and let us do some stuff they restricted to themselves, such as Yeesha pages or adding more to the City. When I say add more to the city I mean actually to the city not what Chloe's Office does. I want to go behind the curtain in the courtyard. I want to explore the Palace. I want to see the Guild Hall.
MOUL Again Ki #'s
I.Brattin - 777796
Jayden Halliwell (IC Explorer) - 54404
I.Brattin

Postby robbieagray » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:32 pm

opps sorry I didn't know they were restricted... Are we allowed to do anything based off of the bahro? Or is that also restricted. Because if not we could try to bring back to tablet stuff that was used in Myst 5 and use it for other "Bahro" ages that might have such items.
robbieagray

Postby Whilyam » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:30 am

For the seasonal changes, make that based on the server's clock and not the user's. Otherwise all I have to do is set the time to December 25th and I get a Santa Hat.
Whilyam

Postby robbieagray » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:27 am

Whilyam wrote:For the seasonal changes, make that based on the server's clock and not the user's. Otherwise all I have to do is set the time to December 25th and I get a Santa Hat.

Sounds cool by me. :)
robbieagray

Postby D'Lanor » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:59 am

Cyan always uses the function PtGetDniTime() which shows US Mountain time. As Whilyam mentions this function could be hacked by changing the computer clock on a client machine.
Back in the UU days I tested the function PtGetServerTime(). This unexpectedly returned the date from the client computer as well (but instead gives the time in UTC). So it was no better than PtGetDniTime().

I hope this was corrected in MOUL but if not then there is work to be done in open source Uru.

Edit: and then I guess there is also the option to sync this with an internet time server.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:07 pm

It seems seasonal clothing was already supported but was not implemented into the prp files. Or maybe it was stripped out because of the date hack.

Anyway, it is not very hard to add seasonal clothing using libPlasma. To make the Santa Hat a seasonal item do this:
  1. get libPlasma
  2. open the file GlobalClothing_District_Female02.prp in PageEditor (make a backup first)
  3. find this line: <Description>ColorLabel1 = Hair Tint ; ColorLabel2 = Hat; nonStandard</Description>
  4. change it to: <Description>ColorLabel1 = Hair Tint ; ColorLabel2 = Hat ; SinglePlayer; Seasonal = 12/13-12/27</Description>
    PageEditor will add a few extra spaces but that is ok since the Python code which is going to parse this can handle it
  5. Do the same with GlobalClothing_District_Male02.prp
  6. re-sum (no, I'm not going to describe that here)
  7. wait until December 13 to see your Santa hat appear and disappear again on December 27 (or do the date hack ;) )
Unlike rewardclothing (which was added by shard admins through SDL string variables) the seasonal clothing must be worn once to remain inside your closet.
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby robbieagray » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:12 pm

I really like hoodies and/or hoods. So I think it would be really cool to use the textures from the D'ni shirt fron Ahnony to create a hood for the players to put on over their D'ni shirt. :)
robbieagray

Return to Scripting