Animation/LayerAnimation/Python Suggestions?

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Animation/LayerAnimation/Python Suggestions?

Postby teedyo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Not knowing exactly what you're planning; did you say 12 colors? I'd have 13 states; 'cycling' + 12 color states. That way when it's cycling through the colors; it doesn't have to set a state for each. Just when something occurs that a light stops on a color; it sets the state to that color. Setting a state for each color while cycling would be a network bandwidth eater. This would allow the cycling lights to be 'out of sync' between different players, but I don't think that would be a big issue. I wouldn't expect players to be calling out the colors they see just to test synchronization. Perhaps the maintainers, but they're an odd lot anyway. The lights would appear synced when stopped.
teedyo

Re: Animation/LayerAnimation/Python Suggestions?

Postby ametist » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:56 am

teedyo wrote:... I wouldn't expect players to be calling out the colors they see just to test synchronization. Perhaps the maintainers, but they're an odd lot anyway.

heh, now you'll now why I always hide beneath that stone there in the corner... :lol:

(yes, I know, I'm of subject , but I just couldn't resist this one 8-) )
ametist

Previous

Return to Scripting